[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

7 minutes ago, TB said:

I'd like to make some thread soon about my thoughts and questions, but I'm too fearful or I would have done it by now, and I'm in a very bad place today. Instead I've tried to sort it out some with PMs, though I guess that isn't ideal, but I don't know how to get anything done otherwise at the moment

If it helps, General Discussion threads (but also just Q&A threads) that go "Here are 3-4 questions/thoughts I have" are probably the most fun format of thread to reply to. If you make a GD thread like "1. This thing I've been thinking about - 2. What about this, and its effects - 3. Also this", people tend to reply to each to the depth of their interest in each, it helps more discussion happen in the short-term.

Alternatively, if the things warrant more discussion or if you want the threads to be more focused/longer, you can develop each one into a separate thread. But there's nothing wrong with just writing some things you've been thinking about and asking for thoughts in General Discussion! Or, writing some questions you want input on in Q&A. I don't think I've ever seen a Q&A thread ask multiple questions in a row that were annoying to answer in just one thread, that format helps people say as much or as little as they like.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks

I have to find best way to condense my problems in a digestible and clear manner

As far as I can tell in my experience in PMs with it so far, I can't express my ideas concisely or in a way easily understood

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

1 hour ago, Pioneer11 said:

The latter. I was thinking something along the lines of a TLDR of the most important information that you can find reading old threads.

Our existence on this forum often amounts to being a TL;DR of everything we've ever read, lol. Though our own original advice is mixed in with it of course.

---

I'm reading (at least the intro to) The Animator's Survival Kit, because that seems like something every english-fluent animator (well, I'm sure it's been translated right? so EVERY animator) should do.

It's funny - it's about 2D animation, but ironically I have a sneaking suspicion it'll apply just as much or MORE so to 3D animation. In some sense, y'know. Obviously the actual techniques may be superfluous sometimes, but not always. But for the most part, nearly all the philosophy applies just as much to 3D animation as it does 2D, and sometimes it even makes more sense.

Edited by Reisen

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I see a lot too, I'm trying not to let it dry my eyes out. Reading a book on a computer screen is rough, so I've got Flux at 3400k and the brightness (Alt+Page Down key) down a bit. Honestly, all the reading and staring we'll have to do might be the hardest part...

Oh, I love 3D art.  There's something about it that's very aesthetically pleasing to me.  I especially love Jam2go's style of animation.  That and his music.

I've thought about learning to use Blender, if I had the time.  I even tried a tutorial, but something strange happened to the project I was working on and I lost steam after that.  We've toyed around with VRoid, which is for making anime styled models specifically.  It has its limitations but it's fairly intuitive to use.  There was a program called Live2D Euclid which would convert illustrations to 3D models (this is different from Live2D Cubism, which is for creating dynamic animations that resembled 3D animation)  That would have been wonderful for us given we're used to drawing already, but it's been discontinued.

I hope your learning endeavors turn out well!

Hmm, VRoid must be what a lot of content we see is being made in.. Before we've even started however we're sure we don't want to fall into the generic-anime-models trap. It would be easy, I'm sure - way too easy in fact. I bet we could be making dances out of presets by the end of day one that looked appealing enough, but there wouldn't be any soul and it feels like a dead end. It is tempting because it's the most realistic and timely way we would be able to achieve both of our general goals - creating models of ourselves, and making dance videos (with or without our models of us) - but I don't think we'd be satisfied at all.

Thank you for mentioning the name so I could look into it though, I want to gather as much information about different styles, programs and so on of 3D animation as I can as quickly as I can, so that we can choose a starting point(s) we'll be happy with.

... Oh, and while I've tried to avoid saying it, there are enough people that don't know us well enough that it may be warranted now: We don't have a history of sticking to anything long-term at all. Touhou and Tulpa.info are the two greatest constants by a large margin in our life, aside from video games. So please don't expect us not to give up as little as a week from now, I don't want anyone to be terribly disappointed!

To put it clearly: If we do end up taking this interest far enough to actually create something, it will be the first time we (or Lumi really) have ever done/created anything noteworthy since he was a child. Which would be great! It's by no means impossible, but historically it has been a good idea to become invested in our long-term success with something 0% of the time. Please don't be disappointed, just pleasantly surprised if you're not!

Edited by Reisen