Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022 

4 hours ago, A&J said:

Can someone help me find something that defines switching? As in like how to know if we switched or not? 

I define switching as trading places with your tulpa so your experience is like your tulpa's experience and your tulpa's experience is like your experience. I keep the definition vague because what the host's/tulpa's experiences are vary from system to system.

In our system, we have a few quirks that distinguish being "switched-in" from "switched-out":

• The sensory experience is experienced by the switched-in headmate first. If Gray is switched-in and a toe is stubbed, Gray is going to respond to the pain before I'm aware of the pain. If the pain is severe, I may be kicked from the front. While I can also feel pain and sometimes almost immediately after Gray can, I have to focus on it and sometimes it's more muted for me.
  • Sensory experiences towards the body are optional if you're switched-out. This is convenient when I need to calm Gray down.
  • If you're switched-in, you can't go completely inactive. Technically speaking, Gray's mindvoice going quiet is him going inactive. However, he is still there and he can take over accidentally without meaning too.
  • Whoever is switched-in is more vulnerable to depression and anxiety. For whatever reason, the closer to the front you are in our system, the more you are exposed to it. Possession is like an in-between experience and the further you are from the front, the less anxiety/depression you will experience (unless you are having a panic attack)
  • You can daydream and passively observe your thoughts when switched-in. I can sit around and do nothing while switched-in, not when I'm possessing.
  • When switched-in, you can listen and react without "thinking" much. I would lose the front with possession playing videogames or listening to my professor if I didn't constantly think about myself to stay in control.
  • When you're switched-in, you decide who gets to be around and who doesn't. For instance, Gray can kick me out of the front against my will. He only kicks people out for emergency reasons.

Keep in mind these quirks are more or less exclusive to our system. Your switch may not have the same kind of consequences, and that's okay. The important thing is identifying what can you do Sadie/Bailey can't and vise versa.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

No

It's going to be whatever music our mind plays, if that even happens.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I don't make the rules, that's just how it is. if you aren't hearing this music, then you aren't switching. I mean it's called "trading places". for more information, watch episode 6 of flip flappers

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Consequently, nobody actually truly switched before Flip Flappers was released in 2016

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.