[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Also that one hour difference is always super annoying when I have to do shopping in Sweden, 'cause when I look up store opening hours I can never be 100% certain which time zone the results are showing lol more than once I've ended up having to wait outside.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I dunno, you took it as more aggressive than it was. Along with having been woken up by a doorbell at 3AM, Bre also had a point right?

Historically speaking, all points are valid. I'm more of a class clown, who normally doesn't like politics and especially current politics. (Or sports.)

it was so out of character

Facets of the greater gem is all.

I used this plaform for fun and support historically. As a side note, I'm trying to understand, other than just to blog, why I'm here.

Anyways, the "this" sentiment was because I really would like to respond

Mhm.

then I could ask him for a quick write-up or something

I'm pretty sure Marxism is one of those things where the mainstream definition of it is 100% different from what it actually means, though, based on vague memories of my friend explaining this before

I'm trying to understand how I would support it given a practical mindset. One thing I like to do, as you may know, is write and often times the story requires little details about society at large. One such thing is a political structure. I noticed that the timeline of Earth that I wrote in my books pretty consistently, actually has a Marxist and humanist vib to their governmental system. So to believe this us possible and for a richer canon, I'd like to test certain theories and understand how they could be implemented. 

Edited by BearBeaBeau

Yeah I used to live almost right on the border. About to move back to that area which is nice, 'cause we don't have a proper petstore on our side and Sweden has one that sells all sorts of crap that I need for my turtle that I can't get anywhere else.

Though, I think they want to check passports now because of covid, so I'm probably gonna have to get one before I can go there...

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

I should get one anyway because apparently driver's licenses aren't sufficient identification anymore when doing certain things. Like bank stuff. And that's kinda important I guess.

4 hours ago, BearBeaBeau said:

Explain to me how Marxism could work given the historic evidence to the contrary?

I assumed you were changing the topic just to keep the conversation going, I didn't see it as bait or drama.

Understandably, having a silly LOTPW argument is the norm. I'm assuming she anticipated that and read this as that.

I don't think anyone did anything wrong here.

12 minutes ago, Miichu said:

I don't think I can leave the country until May so rip

Oof

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think Richard Wolff has interesting things to say about Marxism. Listening to him is what convinced me more of it, but I still know very little.

And as far as I know, it is more a critique of capitalism. And I agree, there has to be something better than whatever we are doing now

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

19 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I assumed you were changing the topic just to keep the conversation going, I didn't see it as bait or drama.

I'm glad you didn't, but I was just interested in hearing an answer so that I could understand it better.

I don't think this is the right forum to ask such things, which makes me a hypocrite, but I've already accepted that. Specifically I remembered that Bre was a proponent of Communism and I was expecting a word wall of good points that I could think about.

The capitalist system works for me ofc, being solidly middle-class, way over the 50% mark, I'd lose a lot in a switch equal distribution of wealth. My overall question is if the quality of life of the "average person" could be improved by communist implementation? Also, what incentives a overachiever would have in that system? I would wonder if such a system would breed apathy because I've worked at places where there was no incentive to work harder and what we got was a lot of slackers.

I don't expect a complete answer here obviously. It's not tulpamancy related.

Edited by BearBeaBeau