• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't make anything without polygons in blender, or probably any program, aside from dots and lines

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Model your tulpas in 4D space

Aleshe's form is like 3.5D

She's a trip when she shows herself well. I see everyone in her but simultaneously and she has like shimmer rainbow eyes, it's hard to describe 

Edited by BearBeaBeau

12 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

yeah, you'll have to invent a way to render true 3d shapes in an easy to process way

But then you literally wouldn't be able to edit in Edit Mode anymore, where you work directly with lines/vertices

It's kind of cool that you can switch between those modes at any time, go from sculpting with brushes to editing vertices manually, if you so decide

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, I guess I've successfully crashed Blender for the third time. Last time I accidentally dragged a polygon size modifier bar to <0.03 units, this time I just.. messed with all the vertices to affect the shape in sculpt mode, then turned on dynamic topology where it reverted it back to a cube instead of a sphere it had become from subdividing it earlier, so I clicked subdivide again and the program just closed

I'm 99% sure you can definitely just switch between modes like I said, but clearly I did not do so correctly just now

To be fair, it's always been from me doing something that nobody who knew what they were doing would do. Though the polygon size was a more organic crash - it simply froze because of the immense processing power that would've required. This time I just mixed the different modes too much and applied a modifier that I think is meant for sculpting mode after I had manually done a lot of vertex editing inside of sculpt mode, which maybe you're not supposed to do

I mean I'll be honest I have no idea why it crashed lol, but it definitely was probably my fault for doing such weird stuff