• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's wrong with letting your legs autopilot for you? It's not a flaw, that mechanic was purposely built into your body for efficiency's sake, so you can focus on other things in the meantime

2 hours ago, Miichu said:

Do you guys experience existing more to the right or left when not fronting?

The right and a little forward is the natural place any of my tulpas or me not fronting show up. When talking to multiple of them at once we sort of fan them outwards, taking up that 90 degree area.

They can still be on the left with minimal effort though, primarily happening when 1) we switch (whoever switches out switches to the left), or 2) when doing imposition, any time we switch back to mindspace instead of imposing (basically seamlessly), the one being imposed is in the mindspace's 360 degree surroundings matching where they were physically imposed. If I impose someone to watch something with me at my computer or such, it's usually to my left, which means if we drop the imposition (generally lack of focus) and then I talk to them again, they're on the left in the mindspace.

And I know it wasn't a big deal but I wish things like this were just made as their own threads, even if it's quick and easy it's still on-topic and of interest to some people

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

5 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

What's wrong with letting your legs autopilot for you? It's not a flaw, that mechanic was purposely built into your body for efficiency's sake, so you can focus on other things in the meantime

it's not just that my legs are on autopilot, it is that they are moving on their own; there is a difference. and also, it isn't that I always felt uncomfortable about it. for a while I just thought that it was kind of neat, and overtime a sense of wrongness developed around it. I guess that one part of it is that when my legs are just going on autopilot, I am still the one in control of them and could easily make them stop or change direction or whatever I want, but when they are walking on their own, there is a sense of uncertainty over whether I could make them stop moving, and that is kind of scary. it's like someone else is controlling your body and it isn't a trusted friend like a tulpa, but someone completely unknown. and sure, I trust my legs not to do anything bad, but that doesn't mean that I give them permission to just do whatever they want

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

You can still stop them whenever your awareness returns to your walking, and the "one controlling them" in that time is your brain, just not the conscious part of it you think of as you.

You've developed a silly fear with no basis in reality, and since you're willing to act on it to the extent that you get weird looks, I consider it at the point where I should tell you it's unhealthy thinking.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

1 minute ago, Luminesce said:

You can still stop them whenever your awareness returns to your walking

no, I can be fully aware of it, but that isn't enough to get it to stop. I have to go out of my way to put effort into making my legs not move

4 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

the "one controlling them" in that time is your brain, just not the conscious part of it you think of as you.

I know that, and it doesn't change anything

You've developed a silly fear with no basis in reality

it isn't a fear it is just a discomfort and it does have basis in reality

since you're willing to act on it to the extent that you get weird looks

I wouldn't call it weird looks. I think that people already perceive me as being weird to the extent that walking strangely fits with my persona, and by this point if I stopped people might worry if something was wrong. anyway, wanting control over my legs wasn't the only reason why I walk silly, I also do it just because it's fun

9 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I consider it at the point where I should tell you it's unhealthy thinking.

well it is certainly not a nice feeling or one that I want, but it isn't like I chose to feel this way. if you were in my body you would feel this way too

-Me

I just naturally see when something starts visibly affecting your life/others' perception of you as the point where you should do something about it. People's natural inhibitions towards being seen as weird and such should be an uncrossed line for healthy-if-weird thoughts, but when they cross that inhibition line even if they're not particularly dangerous outright I see them as problematic and in need of dealing with. Just as good practice

yeah, I would definitely like to dissociate less. I have reason to believe that much of my current levels of dissociation is a symptom of gender dysphoria and so by solving that I could also solve this

-Me