• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@TB If you feel like your therapist is dominating the conversation, I think it would help to let them know. I don't think they're trying to shove you out, I wonder if they're trying to pass the time or socialize to build trust.

Don't be afraid to send a big long e-mail to your therapist. Worst case scenario, it can be what you and your therapist talk about next session (we have done that a lot)

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I just went through all of my important autobiographical memories over the course of ~2 hours. I used to have a feeling that my life was on some sort of set course, and that unless something crazy happened, I was unlikely to deviate from that course. I now realize though, that actually a lot of major things only happened by chance and that it would have been entirely possible that my life would go in a very different direction, and my actions do actually have the power to alter my trajectory, just not in ways that I would be able to figure out at the time. I also realized that a lot more things of note have happened in my life than I thought. it has certainly been a useful exercise

I hope that when I die, my life starts flashing before my eyes 2 hours in advance so that I have enough time to not leave out any details (or really I would hope for more time since I would want to have lived much more life by the time I die)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I hope your family likes flip flappers

and,

it would be more interesting to review your life for real from an ethereal perspective post-death than through a grossly compressed and inaccurate version moments before death

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

well if course, but I find it unlikely that I will get an ethereal perspective post death, and a grossly compressed and inaccurate version is still pretty interesting

-Me

The idea that your life actually "flashes before your eyes" in any detail before death seems less likely to me than an afterlife, and I don't believe in an afterlife. You don't actually see your life again in a "life flashing before your eyes", even when that term is actually meant, at best you think of some key moments of your life, and regrets, family/loved ones etc.

Anything more than that in just a moment's time is only as real as drug-induced "I lived for 10 years during that trip, man", which is just confabulation extremely embellishing the actual experience

Put another way, I'd be less surprised to find myself in an ethereal life-review after dying, than I would be to find myself in a super-slowed-down-time of actually experiencing my life again through memories in extra detail.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

yeah, obviously I wouldn't have time to do the whole thing if I am already on deaths door. that's why I said that I hoped that it would start a few hours early

-Me

It would suck if you were slowly dying and you knew you had a time limit though... Unless you have mastered meditation by then. Cat decided some time ago learning how to meditate seriously is on her bucket list to avoid a painful death

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

To be more specific you'll avoid suffering in your death. Pain still happens, but the pain won't be problematic and you won't fear it. Also if that is your goal it is better to start early than later since you don't know when you will actually die, and also to be truly liberated is a life long endeavor

Also wonder if my therapist will be able to help me at all with my fear of death, or if I would have to just suffer that for the rest of my life unless I succeed in becoming fully awakened

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko