Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

I would really want to get back to that eventually because it was kind of my way to "let go" of the duties of the human being and chill out for a couple hours - also her attitude usually gave me a "morale boost" that sometimes was very much needed.

That's really curious to me.

We can switch where Gray goes out to the void and I'm in full control of the body, and this allows me to control the body without Gray's focus, for me to play videogames, voice chat without issues, and have a much easier time learning in class. Our possession is when I control the body until Gray forgets about me or vise versa when I'm switched-in. We use fronting to mean switching or possession depending on the context.

10 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

The wonderland is not necessary - we don't use it anymore although it can be accessed - nowadays our life is more of a "dynamic duo" where I try to improve and she steers me back from bad habits and attitudes

Is this wonderland like a separate conscious workspace or just a place in the imagination?

10 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

About the "forced diversity" culture - so I like to call it - I would pretty much get banned if I were to tell you that I don't believe in pretty much 80% of the stuff I read on the discords and reddit (especially those that claim to have 3+ "tulpas" and a fully immersive wonderland where said tulpas engage in full separate lives from the host's real life. The amount of parallel processing required to handle that would be enormous, pretty sure it can be achieved but only if you literally focus on it yourself 24/7 (kind of like those monks that enter a mummy-like state by fasting and meditating until they die)

While you wouldn't be banned here and I would be surprised if it happened on Reddit, in some Discord servers, especially the plural servers that lean safespace, you could possibly get banned for saying you think they're fake. Interestingly, quite a few traumatic and mixed systems have explained that those sorts of spaces tend to have problems with censorship and unfair moderation practices.

We have been skeptical of wonderland parallel processing because we also struggled to believe 10+ tulpas could have a fully immersive experience outside of the host's awareness. We have looked into parallel processing and suspending our disbelief trying to recreate it ourselves, for better or for worse. Cat wrote this thread on a hypothetical model, and my headmates have started drafting an idea for a wonderland we could try to work with.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Is this wonderland like a separate conscious workspace or just a place in the imagination?

It seems you already have a wonderland, you call it "void"

If you research the method of loci a bit and some memorization techniques you can fill that void with things and create a sort of mental space for you to hang in when not in control (also useful to remember things, kind of like that one episode of Sherlock)

It's a mental construct like you, me, my tulpa etc. Once the neural pathways are old enough the concept will stick.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

I see. While I'm aware the wonderland more or less must be memorized to be stable, I'm not too clear on how it goes from a wonderland to an alternate space you can hang out in. Does it work out on its own?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

4 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I see. While I'm aware the wonderland more or less must be memorized to be stable, I'm not too clear on how it goes from a wonderland to an alternate space you can hang out in. Does it work out on its own?

Same way a floating orb goes from a mental construct to a fully living entity - everything is symbolic (read my guide) - you just need to tune your mind to your request appropriately.
How would you think it goes from a "wonderland" to an "alternate space" to hang out it? Some people imagine themselves walking down a flight of stairs until they reach a door with the wonderland behind them, some people just "hop" in, some poeple "teleport" there - it's your choice.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

9 minutes ago, ohItsMatt said:

you just need to tune your mind to your request appropriately.

Fair enough. I read your guide already, but I didn't quite connect with this part. I think my bias is probably the cause though, I'm not personally a huge fan of just do it guides for myself.

I can't believe how inefficient I let my conlang become. I standardized a base 9 unit of information encoding, but most morphemes need less than 9 options. by moving away from the base 9 unit of information encoding I compress the same amount of semantic information into significantly less phonological space

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me