[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

(edited)

Random update-

We have been experimenting with a biphasitc sleep schedule and found some success in feeling less tired all the time. As a result, we decided to take a hard look at our 9 hour rule yesterday. Since we didn't have work yesterday and don't have it today either, it was the perfect opportunity.

Yesterday, I woke up switched-in (I was switched-in the day prior). I then switched with Ranger mid day and then he took a nap 4 hours later. We did not turn into identity soup, Ranger did a corrective switch and we were just fine. I didn't feel like switching in for 2 hours last night, so we decided to switch overnight. That didn't work as well, Ranger woke up instead (???) and I did a really awkward corrective switch. I didn't feel too great about it, but I can guarantee I'm switched-in now.

Is our 9 hour rule completely bogus? Maybe. The current theory Ranger proposed is we didn't know how switching and waking up worked, and when we woke up we got confused and became identity soup. After that, I think the expectation we would become identity soup if we didn't stay switched-in for 9 hours became a self-fulfilling prophecy. However, there are a couple of exceptions- the brain really doesn't like it when we switch in for a day and then back, it's better to have someone switch in for a few hours and then leave. Also, I'm not really sure why Ranger woke up, maybe the... I guess it was 7-8 hours by the time he fell asleep, so... unfortunately still within the realm of the 9 hour rule.

At the very least, we're not going to let naps stop us from being switched-in all day. I think we have some kinks to work out, but I can now confirm that becoming identity soup isn't really a risk for us anymore (I don't think anyway)

Edited by Cat_ShadowGriffin

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's weird to me that you guys still struggle with switching times when that went away for us so quickly.

And no, having people rely on me for stuff only stresses me out, that wouldn't help at all. Nothing will help that I don't already plan to do, and I already share the tiny amount of progress I make in my friends' discord server

--

So I just realized earlier we may very well be able to share our wonderland (mostly just the house since that's about all that's there) by modeling it in Blender. Until now we always thought we'd have to make it in Minecraft, but now I don't see a reason we couldn't make it from scratch some day and have it look (hopefully lol) far better

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I kinda want to know what identity soup tastes like... would consumption of identity soup count as cannibalism? maybe I should put the rest of this thought under spoilers, since talking about cannibalism naturally gets pretty gross

Spoiler

I think that cannibalism should only apply to eating the flesh of another of your own species, since it is not that abnormal to eat other parts of each other. people swallow their own spit all the time, but it's sort of different to do that after it already leaves your own mouth. still though, some old recipes for alcohol involve chewing things up and spitting them out, so some amount of spit will be consumed in the process of drinking that alcohol. it is pretty weird to consume vomit and piss and shit from other people, but it's weird to do that with other animals as well, and I don't really consider that to be part of someone, so I don't think that that is cannibalism either. I don't know if snot counts as part of someone, but children eat their own snot all the time, so that isn't all that weird. various sexual fluids are all often consumed during oral sex, so that isn't that weird. blood is a bit of a gray area; there aren't any circumstances I can think of where it is normal to drink blood, but still, drinking blood hardly seems like proper cannibalism to me, it's baby cannibalism at worst. I would rather just call it vampirism and be done with it. lastly, tears are a bit weird to drink, but that can be attributed to the fact that they are hard to get access to outside of crying. I don't think that drinking tears is cannibalism

so with all that, I suppose that eating identity soup wouldn't be cannibalism because it is a soup. it would be cannibalism to eat someone's identity when it isn't soup though

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

The Kingdom Hearts Union Cross finale english translation finally came out today, and "clarified" exactly one incredibly important line. One huge detail of the ending is still baffling, but the theories to explain it now are less upsetting, at least

Time to wait like 6 months to see if Dark Road actually expands on any of the questions Union Cross left us with

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Tifu said:

good to see the topic of cannibalism came up, i love you LOTPW

Lol, hi Tifu. I wasn't expecting that either

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I kinda want to know what identity soup tastes like... would consumption of identity soup count as cannibalism? maybe I should put the rest of this thought under spoilers, since talking about cannibalism naturally gets pretty gross

Eating identity soup can't be cannibalism because humans can't eat identity soup. You can eat someone experiencing identity soup, but that's just eating the person, not the identity soup. If another external entity is somehow capable of "drinking" identity soup and gaining energy from it, it would have to be an alien or a really really metaphorical (and questionably risky) poem.

I think the more important question is how does one consume identity soup in the first place? I think that would involve the consumption of identities in the soup, and that's when things get complicated. If identities manifest as physical brain bits, then the question of is it cannibalism makes slightly more sense, but it still doesn't because that's just eating the brain, not the experience of identity soup. It's like eating someone's vision- sure, you can eat their eyes and make them blind, but that's not the same thing as eating the information that the brain gives to that person. If an identity happens because of electrical activity in the brain, then does that mean you need to eat electricity? But it can't just be any electricity, you have to eat the identities too. The only thing I can think of that is truly capable of "consuming" an identity is brainwashing or a toxic belief / mindset that forces someone to give up their sense of self in exchange for this line of thinking. But does the belief get fed from "consuming" the identity? I would argue the belief is feeding off of the person, but I don't know if the identity itself is any good to making the belief stronger. The belief had to have kicked it out or something...all this assuming a belief is kind of alive, which it could be if a virus is "alive".

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think you chose the worst possible microorganism to refer to as "alive"