[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

nuzlockes aren't that brutal since the games are so easy to begin with. extra rules that make you switch out your pokemon more often make it more difficult, since you'll always be a bit underlevelled. the fun of a nuzlocke is just as much about using pokemon that you normally wouldn't as it is about the increased difficulty though

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

Hi hamster

I like how that image is from Peta.org - I'm guessing this hamster has a tragic backstory of being forced into slave labor and having its children sold off to be eaten

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When I went to the petstore, they had a shorthair hamster that looked just like my old shorthair hamster, and they had a longhair hamster that looked just like my old longhair hamster. It was a little freaky. In the faces they looked different, but exact same coloring. It's probably just that wherever they get them from, it's all the one color. 

I remember when I got my shorthair hamster, they had the whole litter in there, 5 hamsters, all black. It was close to feeding time so when she pulled forward the tank, they all ran around and stood up. One of them had such an ugly, ugly face, I cringed. I'd never seen such an ugly hamster before, and I have yet to see an uglier hamster after. It didn't look like it'd been injured nor was it sick. It was just... ugly. I don't know how to explain it. It was like when you see an extremely inbred little rat dog. 

image.png.8c1625d0f14cdc8c28cf535112b57557.png

Imagine this, but hamster. 

I was almost tempted to get him. But another hamster let me pet him, and hamsters like that usually aren't nearly that tame, so I got the tame-seeming one. 

When I got my first hamster I didn't have a choice in the matter, they only had one Syrian hamster, and I was set on a Syrian. RIP good buddy. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Bear took in a really odd looking hamster from hos cousin when he was 11, they said she was a cross with a rat, but science says that's not possible so who knows. It wasn't nice and you couldn't pet it, but he just concentrated on making it's life as good as possible. He had another hamster at the time in a separate cage. 

E3's about halfway over, some decent games announced/shown so far (including Slime Rancher 2 today, with BUNNY SLIMES)

Tomorrow's a bunch of random companies (so there could be something nice), and then the next day is Nintendo, where we're likely to at least get a new Smash rep (or two)

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:24 AM, Reisen said:

Few hours of messing around with a large box meant to be a house in Blender later... my eyes burn, I really should've done this during the day. But! Made an OK lightbulb and somehow managed to make its material glass and stick a light inside of it, despite the tutorial to make something look "glass"y being 9 minutes long. I wish we made this much progress every day! Or, you know, any of the days up to this point!

Congratulations! I think that lightbulb you made looks really nice.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:24 AM, Reisen said:

Weirdly, the shader node system has been much more understandable/worked out much more easily than simply creating basic shapes, which we're still struggling with sometimes. You wouldn't guess based on how scary those "nodes" look, huh?

That's really interesting. I never thought that a seemingly tougher concept could actually be easier than a "basic" concept. It makes sense though.

I did think those nodes looked scary lol

On 6/12/2021 at 4:06 PM, Yakumo said:

I spend as much time as possible outside, basically the entire warm season if it's not raining. I even sleep outside in my garden every now and then and 'home office' turned into 'garden office'. Some people have bookshelves as background in video conferences, I have an overgrown flowering jungle. It's 10pm here in Munich and I'm still outside in a lawn chair with the cats - and tupper of course. Perfect 20°C, some clouds, bats circle overhead, the scent of roses - absolutely awesome.

The idea of sleeping outside creeps me out. We have a lot of decent sized bugs, and night in particular can get really buggy. When Cat played tennis with her father at night with the lights on, there were a lot of moths, flies, cicadas, and other bugs flying around. They quit playing because the bugs were too much. While I don't think it would be that bad if I had a tent outside, I would still have lots of flying insects like moths and mosquitos want to get up in my grill. Aside from the dime to quarter sized spiders and mosquitos, the only thing I worry about are the wood roaches or earwigs. Bleh. While I haven't seen any tics in my yard, it's not to say they're not there.

If not the bugs, maybe the thick moist summer air could be a mood killer. However, with a battery powered fan and a water bottle, I may do alright at night.

We have various native plants, but I think we're limited with what options we have thanks to the red clay soil. Our neighbors don't have a garden as much as a series of pots with nice flowers in them and a nice little micro garden box around their mailbox. Aside from the occasional trumpet vine, dandelions, and buttercup flowers, we don't have much in terms of native flowers. One of the best things we have are the pink dogwoods that bloom around April.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, Jamie said:

But right alongside the sudden gaggle of feral kittens was a sudden gaggle of feral children.

Yikes.

...No one is going to get child services involved? Is it a lack of resources, a fear they would have been in danger if they were involved, or something else? I feel like the attitude "let's build a playground to keep the kids off the street" is a big red flag in of itself.

11 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

that's only in the anime, and even then there is more to it than that. people have decoded some meaning out of the sounds that pikachu makes, and while it is too primitive to be considered a language, it does have some semantics

I wonder how much of that was intentional or not. I would think it doesn't have to be, I'm assuming expressing emotion in "pikachu talk" would probably lead to some consistency.

Good night

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)

For the record, that light bulb only took Reisen a few minutes to make. Everything around it (visually, very little) took hours. But since it's so hard for random people who don't know the process already to appreciate how much work goes into such simple things behind the scenes, I think it'll be fine to get our appreciation from the visually impressive yet actually easy things we do. Like, we could just go connect some shader nodes together and make an absolutely beautiful room with a table and window and vase or something - I could even slap on some free 2k textures I know where to find, and I could say "Finally, we emerge, after weeks of slaving away, behold our masterpiece!" and get all the oohs and ahhs to make up for how much pain and suffering we'll be going through to get a basic grasp of just the tools and interface.

I don't have any qualms about that anymore - people are going to underappreciate (and reasonably so) the immense work that goes into not-visually-spectacular things, so it's fine to accept extra praise for things that don't deserve it in turn.

... Uh, I know that light bulb was nothing spectacular lol. This is just a concept that's been on my mind recently that's going to stay relevant for probably 1-2 years. But at some point, maybe we'll actually be earning the oohs and aahs for visually impressive stuff again - like hair for example, which takes a reasonable amount of effort to make a reasonably impressive result.

Edited by Luminesce