[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

(edited)

7 is significantly faster than 10, our old laptop is 7 and the same games play on both like Rimworld even though it's like 6 years older. 

Edited by Misha

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 is going to be less and less supported over time, if it even still works these days, and it sure as heck won't be secure

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I took the ostrich head in the sand approach. I updated because 10 is what's going to be supported compatibility wise (which has historically been my biggest headache) and hopefully everything will be fine. Probably not.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Windows 10 is exclusively useful because it's compatible with everything, kind of a paradox in making it a monopoly so that everything must run on it in turn

In return, it's super bloated, offers very very little user control (actively removes the end user's control over things, actually), and it definitely spies on you to sell your ad profile - and if something just doesn't work, good luck fixing it

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yep, sadly that is how it works. Wait, what's the issue with the user control?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Windows has been taking away users' ability to do things (literally, though more often they just hide things first, ie XP -> 7 and 7 -> 10) themselves to "streamline" and "modernize" the user experience, though to experienced users it just means we're losing control over our computers over time. Windows updates every so often remove a feature/setting or two, or sometimes workarounds (like the ability to disable Cortana), and it's been very frustrating having used PCs extensively since my XP laptop (I used Windows 95 as a kid, but it's not like I knew how to do anything)

Linux, generally speaking, aims to do the exact opposite of that. Not everything is done for you, and things will take a lot more work than Windows, but you have total freedom to modify your experience to the extent of your (or others') capabilities.

I don't like all the effort of going all the way with Linux, though. The optimal experience was XP's freedom, but.. with 7's stability, lol. And maybe some of 10's features, like scrolling on inactive windows and stuff.

2 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

just use templeOS. it's non-networked, so it's very secure even though it isn't being actively updated

Terry was a legend. And a complete nutjob.

Host has an old air-gapped PC with Win7 for some software which doesn't run on Linux but apart from that we use Ubuntu or Debian. It works for almost everything nowadays. Not easily though.

You can use lightweight distros like Lubuntu or PuppyLinux on old hardware if you only need basic funtionality. Shows what incredible bloatware Windows has become.

Super Girls don't cry

About to go to bed, leaving for the airport in 10 hours from now and will be gone for a week. I'll probably check in if I can? But I won't be nearly as active even if I do