Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DragonChan0

I just got a comment saying i make the d.i.d. community look bad by having a tulpa and i should just write a book instead -__-.Bruh do you even know what a tulpa is and how it works,it's nothing like d.i.d.,I'm not sharing screenshots because i dont want the person to get harassment.

That kinda of hurt my feelings,chan and me have been together for a long time and I dont understand how I make the d.i.d. community look bad :/ ~H 

(edited)

tulpas have nothing to do with DID, so they should probably stop hurting their own image by implying they do

also, writing a book is the definition of putting an idea or information out there to influence people, so you could do significantly more "damage" with a book than by just being yourself..

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

*grumbling Darron noises* yay humans....

Any fun achievos or adventures today?

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

the topic of the day is NOT fun lol, but most people on the internet who looked into it regret it so

nope, nothing, just watching youtube videos and playing games

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

10 hours ago, DragonChan0 said:

I just got a comment saying i make the d.i.d. community look bad by having a tulpa and i should just write a book instead -__-.Bruh do you even know what a tulpa is and how it works,it's nothing like d.i.d.,I'm not sharing screenshots because i dont want the person to get harassment.

That kinda of hurt my feelings,chan and me have been together for a long time and I dont understand how I make the d.i.d. community look bad :/ ~H 

I have become less sympathetic towards traumatic systems who cry saying we make them look bad. Typically, I find the systems who say bad things about us tend to have their own problems like Hitler alters, an intolerance to talk about going to a doctor, having so many triggers to keep track of (that they don't bother to get help for) it's too exhausting to have a conversation, etc. I think it's frustrating that there are stereotypes that paint traumatic systems in a bad light and people don't take them seriously, but at the end of the day, plurality is weird. Attacking tulpamancers for making them "look bad" in my opinion just undermines the idea plurality in general is legitimate- I don't think the plurality piece is the problem, the underlying disorders are. If disordered plurality is the only real plurality, then what happens if your disorder gets treated, do you become a singlet? That's not what I usually hear. In short, I think attacking the idea of non-disordered plurality is only hurting their chances of being taken seriously.

The saddest moments I remember are systems who claim tulpas are fake, interact with a tulpa briefly, and then claim they're an alter and they have secretly been a traumatic system the whole time. Unfortunately, I think it perfectly sums things up.

The whole tulpamancy vs. DID stuff is complicated. Traumatic systems across the board are more likely to be untrusting and uncooperative because of their abuse, and that feeds into their insecurities. It's very possible to be convinced you have a dissociative disorder when you don't, and mixing mental health issues and/or immaturity with tulpamancy can create dysfunctional plurality and insecure people. Creating "safe spaces" and filling them to the brim with scared and insecure people more times than not creates a toxic environment that encourages dysfunctional behavior. Tulpamancers, who are already an insecure group thanks to having poor social skills and being drama balls, look at their mess, piss on them, and only antagonize to them more. Then, traumatic systems antagonize us more and piss on us about our mess  (waifumancy, calling people fakers, host bias, treating tulpas as tools, etc.). And then the back and forth just makes things worse. I feel like tulpamancy and the concept of a "safe space" go as well together as oil and water, and mixing too much may not be for the better. However, some mixing allows for systems to show each other new ideas and to come to reject the bad from both worlds. While I don't think both communities should unite into one, I think both communities should continue to exchange ideas and movement.

My hope is tulpamancy will get more attention and lead to real science that can help traumatic systems. Even the concept plurality can be positive and learning how to work with your headmates could be a really nice thing. Above all, I get the sense alters just want to be treated like people- and to give them that could make or break progress. I know that there's rampant paranoia systems will be forced to integrate, and any doctor who says they should or that DID isn't real just feeds into that idea they can't get the help they need. If tulpamancy can start a conversation about that, maybe medical professionals can preach treating alters like individuals- and probably lots more- from studying plurality.

The only tulpamancy progress I seriously considered is writing a back-seat fronting guide lately. However, the more I think about it, the more confusing our experience sounds to others. Telling Jaeth about it, it confused him because his definition of switching was to become the active thinker, and that definition doesn't mesh well with our back-seat fronting experience. I should probably study other definitions for switching more to get the "back-seat fronting" eque experiences that only make sense with a specific definition of switching.

Otherwise, my headmates fronted a little bit today. I think the most significant thing that happened was Blue talking to people.

I'm sorry for the blatent PR update, I wanted to talk about tulpamancy and I didn't have much to say.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Goooood night rotation Bre

I've thought about the notion of Jaina as an "alter." I think of her as the embodiment of my Anima (term from Carl Jung of female ego) and I created her during a stressful time in my life to be my friend and spirit advisor. She very much resembled "me" (Darron), just kind of a copy of myself to talk to, to hear my problems and generally tell me everything's going to be alright. I'm not a trauma expert so I'm not familiar with guidelines and qualifications for "trauma." I wasn't being abused or neglected. My problems imo were more mundane than that. Parents separating, terrorism fear and witch hunts in the media (2001), losing friends, school getting harder, puberty, mild bullying, learning life isn't black and white, authority figures have no clue what they're doing, etc. Typical teenage problems. Don't know that that qualifies her as traumagenic. The fact that we "take turns" speaking to an extent made me question it as well. But human systems take turns speaking too (some of them) doesn't mean they're the same person. Also I'm pretty sure we occasionally try to talk at the same time. We also have limited brain circuits to use so it may be difficult to both be "active" at the same time. All in all she seems more like a tulpa to me though I had no idea what tulpamancy was when I made her. I feel like an alter would be "me" just different. More like me when I'm happy vs sad only more pronounced as to be different personalities and unable to cohabitate simultaneously. But maybe not. Other than some mild bipolarity I don't think I have any DID tendencies so we're going with tulpa.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]