[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Empty because you can't plant berries or make secret bases? Because the actual map design of Johto is fairly pleasing to me. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald feel the best to be in to me, but that's just because the game is very aesthetically pleasing, I don't think the map design was innately better (just the actual visuals and location variety)

Gen 1 is admittedly very straight-line-y, but it still feels really nostalgic to me to be in that region (especially in Gold/Silver)

Black/White were the most graphically advanced I'd say, very nature-y, but I still like the feel of Gen 3 more. Gen 4 is really just very average, not bad at all but not outstanding either. I don't think anything was wrong with X/Y but, honestly, does anyone remember the locations in that game? I only remember the daycare/battle chateau route next to Camphrier town because we farmed eggs on it for 200 hours, and it was also a literal straight line (as is customarily present near all daycares).

Sword and Shield returned to the tradition of linear paths though, very cool!

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

I don't think anything was wrong with X/Y but, honestly, does anyone remember the locations in that game?

I remember it quite well. there were really some beautiful places in it, and benches. and the photo guy that you could call to take pictures, and you could even take a picture with the ultimate weapon after it destroyed that one town. pokemon black was the first game that I played, but pokemon X/Y were the games that got me into pokemon because I watched a youtube playthrough of it that is still quite close to my heart. I played a ton of XY and ORAS. honestly, I probably played more gen 6 than any other generation because I really liked the competitive scene for gen 6. gen 7 was ok but breloom wasn't viable in VGC or OU, and it was banned from UU, so I had to make due without my favorite pokemon. and I started with gen 5 and gen 4 after people had already moved on, and you couldn't battle people online in them anyway. I probably played through the storyline the most in black, but I probably put the most time into a single save in alpha sapphire

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I put the most time into pokemon red on the 3ds virtual console, followed by alpha sapphire. I hated how linear and bland red felt and sapphire was a lot better about it but it still was kinda bland. Idk, pokemon just isn't that fun imo. The battle system all on its own is too simple but when you try to make it more complex it suddenly becomes just a numbers game and suddenly all fun has been sapped from it. I don't want to breed a perfect iv pokemon or whatever, I want an engaging turn-based system. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Showdown is great because it also lets you choose random battles so you don't have to build a team

I don't find it very engaging. It's slow, tedious, and bloated. The type system was fine at launch but it's just too little. So much of pokemon is about preparation and then you get that hard work destroyed by some bs niche strat. idk. pokemon, in my most humble opinion, is one of the most barebone systems I've seen to date. I think having 4 moves is boring. Having only 1 active pokemon is boring. Items are so fucking lame and held items are even worse. ivs and evs give me headaches and make me want to punch every competitive pokemon player that ever was. Pokemon abilities are like assholes because everyone has one and they all stink. Natures are confusing and piss me off. There aren't enough things to *actually* do in the battle that don't just feel like total bullcrap buttons. I don't want to play showdown, I'd rather play another game. Part of the reason I'm excited for legends arceus is because the changes to the turn system and the addition of styles is just the right amount of complexity to actually be be engaging. I hate pokemon's core progression because its as boring and linear as can be and doesn't even try to hide it. Pokemon fans are insufferable and are seemingly never happy no matter what they get. Competitive pokemon players are like yugioh players-- they'll say "it's not that hard" and "it's easy" and "it's fun" when in reality it's a convoluted bloated feature creep mess that doesn't even seem fun once you do understand it. It's not that I don't like turn based RPGs. Like I said previously, monster hunter stories 2 was really good. It was similar enough to pokemon but actually utilized modern game design instead of whatever the fuck gamefreak was smoking back in the 90's. 

Rant over for now. 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Hey! I resemble that remark! 😄 Pokémon can be quite grindy but I guess the nostalgia is enough for me. Not that I have time anymore. 

Anyone have a favorite media, blog, content, webcomic hosting site? Been wanting to try my hand at a webcomic but I haven't researched a lot of blog sites. I'll link my work here of course. 😊 It's just not tulpa related although the 2 main characters are modeled after us, so figured I would post it somewhere more general. DeviantArt seems more for individual works.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

I haven't any suggestions, sorry

yeah, random battles are great

1 minute ago, IceCreeper909 said:

So much of pokemon is about preparation and then you get that hard work destroyed by some bs niche strat

not true. if you know what you're doing and have a well built team, you can almost always defeat gimmicky teams. gimmicky teams are almost always overly reliant on a couple of pokemon, and if they are able to keep those pokemon alive for long enough to do whatever they are supposed to do, then they can be difficult to deal with, but having a single point of failure like that means that they have to defend that pokemon with everything that they have, which makes them extremely predictable and easy to dismantle

5 minutes ago, IceCreeper909 said:

Having only 1 active pokemon is boring

single battles have a lot of merit, but they are not the only type of battle that exists. personally, I favor double battles

I think that the reason why you don't like a lot of the features is because you don't understand them. like seriously, natures are an extremely simple concept. and you say that it's overcomplicated, but you also complain that pokemon can only have 4 moves and 1 held item? what do you even want? and what are you talking about with abilities stinking? some pokemon's abilities are more important than others, but in a lot of pokemon, the ability completely changes how you play them. like, battle bond greninja plays completely different from protein greninja, and changes to gale wings took tallonflame from being one of the best pokemon to just being ok

I really like playing pokemon with someone who I know really well and who knows me really well, because we can get to so many layers of prediction. like, playing with random people, especially on low elo, can be hard because you don't know how good the other person is and so you don't know how many layers of prediction you should be on and by the time you have a proper read on them the battle is already halfway through, but when you are with someone you know well you can know exactly what their thought process is, and they can know yours, so you can get on some death note shit with double or even triple switching, and knowing what pokemon the other person is going to switch into, and knowing that they know that you know that they are going to do that and so instead they are going to switch to a different pokemon, and so instead of switching into a pokemon that would have been strong against their other pokemon, you set up with the current pokemon you have

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

If I want to play those sorts of mind games, I'll play an actual strategy game. 

I was exaggerating a tad on some of my points. Natures aren't as complex as I made them out to be. In a sense, I could compare them to runes in League. My point with abilities was that there are a lot of them and they're confusing. As far as double battles, I do know they exist and do prefer them greatly, but the other flaws still remain. The whole "mind games" of switching pokemon isn't fun to me, it's just a pissing match. As far as the part about preparation and gimmick teams, that wasn't my main point, though I still don't like how much prep is required. 

I've said before, I find pokemon both overly simple and overly complex. Let's focus on that word right there, complex. Complexity and depth are two concepts that games have to juggle wisely. Pokemon is very complex and should have a lot of depth and it arguably does. What's the issue? Too much complexity can lead to slow, boring, confusing gameplay. It's a balance that pokemon almost strikes, but misses the mark of, and that mark gets further with every release. I'm not going to go fully in depth on it but yeah fuck pokemon fuck competitive pokemon players fuck gamefreak and fuck you and I'll see you tomorrow (that last one was a joke please don't take it personally)