[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Hard to blame K.Rool's stomach blocking every single attack on lag, or Donkey Kong having multiple ways to throw you after carrying you off the stage one of which requires very good reaction time to not instantly die - actually, wait, I can blame that on wifi's input delay. Nice!

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m pretty much the person who is too good to play with friends, but not good enough to play competitively when it comes to smash. Like, friends used to complain about how good I was and that I won too much, even wanting to just ban my main Pit. They took the game seriously and had high gsp too. Meanwhile I go online and I just get destroyed. I guess I’ll just blame that on lag…

Hey, I’m Illupepsi, I’m the host of my tulpa Rebecca. 
Drink Pepsi! 

Good morning

Pretty much same @ Smash, except I've always had the potential to get competitive-good (I've been watching competitive Melee/PM/4/Ultimate for like 8 years), but I refrain from practicing because my IRL friends are very casual gamers, and my brother can only just about play against me as-is (and says he's really bad at analyzing and trying to improve at things, so..)

But the last week or so I've been inspired to play Smash online because we recently watched the biggest Smash Ultimate tournament of the year. But to be fair, while I was taking it seriously, I also played no less than 8 characters in that time, lol. I think I'm competent at playing over a third of Ultimate's 81 characters. Might as well get as much content out of the game as I can, right?

But I still main Zelda (no Down+B) and Isabelle, and am still good at my Smash 4 main Rosalina and my Brawl main Toon Link - I haven't taken time to practice my Melee main Roy because he's top-tier in this game and I avoid playing top tiers, but he's still one of my favorite characters in Ultimate

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don’t necessarily avoid top tiers or limit myself from getting better, I think I’ve just hit my ceiling for how good I am, unless I sunk hundreds more hours in. Like early this year I was playing smash every day pretty much with a friend and I won pretty much every time. But a month or two later it was way more even. I just don’t improve very fast at most things, oh well. 

I still have about a dozen or so characters I like playing as well, Pit is just my absolute favorite. I’ve been maining him since about 2014/15, was playing kid icarus uprising (fantastic game btw) at the time and tried Pit out and it clicked pretty much instantly. But if people get annoyed by Pit I can switch to a different character. I kinda just gave up on online at a certain point. Instead I collected all the spirits for whatever reason.  Offline smash is very limited, but it was kinda fun. Still own smash 4 and brawl too, but I don’t think I’ve ever played melee. 

Drink Pepsi! 

Pit isn't special at all, he's an extremely average character and they're just bad at Smash lol (or you're specifically very good at specifically him)

And I dunno - I might be getting very vaguely better by playing against my brother or in general over our like ~300 hours of offline play in Ultimate, but I don't think 100 hours of casual play compare to even a single day of legitimate practice (especially after watching a guide or example gameplay by a competitive player). The things I've learned from the few times I've sat down and really practiced (B-reversing, moving neutral-airs, some very basic combos, etc.) have stuck with me for years and each one made me a better player overall. Learning some basics about tech chases, or how your character can edge-guard recoveries, or even just learning some things you may never have realized (I just recently realized air-dodging to the ledge is an amazing recovery option every single character has, and Ness/Lucas ESPECIALLY need to use) can permanently make you a better player after learning and practicing them just once, whereas playing 1v1s against my brother for fun hasn't necessarily taught me anything, only made me more comfortable with characters' attacks and movement etc.

But yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm more than aware of but have avoided learning so that I don't get so much better than the people I actually play with that I can't even play with them anymore.

Edited by Luminesce

This is @dynamicduowith a new account! Please change our password to f—rf—es! I’ll give the mod the full password! Please change our password! 

Local gremlins daydreaming up a tulpa and memories. 

bread (he/they) nyx (they/them) 

I’ve seen Pit described as just average. But after years of maining him I had to pick something up. I taught myself most of his combos, but I don’t think I’ve messed much with advanced tech. I like to think I’m good with Pit, but Idk. Still, I remember the whole smash club at my school would hate when I picked Pit and always rooted against me because I won too much. It was hilarious trying to play smash with a group of people pretty much booing me and begging the other person to just beat Pit. 

But yeah, actual practice beats casual matches. Playing against people beats playing against computer opponents as well. But I would rather have a close game I lose than a game where I destroy the opponent and they had no fun. So I’m fine with where I’m at with my skill level. 

Edited by Illupepsi

Drink Pepsi! 

Please can someone please change our @dymamicduo account’s 

password! Please! We made a new a cont to save our old one!! Please!

Local gremlins daydreaming up a tulpa and memories. 

bread (he/they) nyx (they/them) 

You could probably do with putting a little more effort into figuring out how to contact staff, and also not saying 75% of your password in public