[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

apparently there have been 18+ fights and 1 shooting at my old highschool since I left. I think I chose the right year to get out of there

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shit

just lost a debate B) I argued that women don't deserve rights (the actual prompt was stupid so I leaned aggressively on the opposite side of it for a bit) in a bedroom voice and it was hilarious 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Yeah. It was the sort of thing where, it was played up so much, it should've been painfully obvious to everyone that I (and the other 2 people on my team, for that matter) was just memeing and didn't actually mean what I said. women deserve equal rights to men, folks 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

It's almost as if any human deserves human rights, but I'm probably wrong. 🤷‍♂️ I'm pretty sure you actually need lots of money for those.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Depends what you define as "human rights". I personally see it as being treated as equal relative to everyone else, amongst a few other things. 

you could've gone for the angle "women don't deserve rights because humans don't deserve rights", and it's probably much easier to argue authoritarianism than it is to argue misogyny

EDIT (except I'm actually typing this before I hit post): I took too long writing my second paragraph and now Glaurung has already brought up my point in my first paragraph, albeit in an inverted way

one thing that I have seen actual blatant misogynists say is "women are dumber than men because on average their brains are 10% smaller", and it is true that women have smaller brains than men, but using that as evidence shows how little evidence you actually have of the inferior intelligence of women, because if women were actually dumber then you would be able to show that IQ scores, but you can't that because (in countries where women are given opportunities for education) the data shows that women don't score any lower on IQ tests than men do on average. it's also funny that they mention the difference in brain size between men and women, but neglect to mention that women also have 10% smaller bodies than men do, meaning that brain to body mass ratio is actually the same. where are all the people arguing that men are dumber than women because their bodies are 10% bigger? none of that had much to do with anything that anyone was saying, but I had seen that argument used enough times in places where I could not or did not want to argue back, and I have similarly seen many poor counterarguments to it, and so I just wanted to finally put my good counterargument to it somewhere

-Me

Interesting. I was arguing blatant misogyny, though if I was trying to be more serious about it, not a bad approach. The whole "humans don't deserve rights" thing, I mean. The prompt itself was, "THB the UN should do more to protect gender equality" in specific regards to the taliban and sharia law and all that jazz.  odds are I'd still be on opposition, just because the UN is borderline useless in getting things done lol, otherwise I'd be in support of it, but the way I see it, anything they do to intervene is going to backfire and only stir the pot that is political tension even more. 

that makes a lot more sense as a prompt, since the side for would be twisting it for a human rights angle and the side against would be twisting it for an anti-globalism angle, and we know just how effective localism can be to disguise bigotry from the well worn "state's rights" dogwhistle. if you don't care about truth, and you just want to "win" an argument, reframing things and subtly moving the goalposts is probably the easiest option almost every time. the goal isn't to try to argue your own point, it's to force the other person to argue something that is inarguable

sometimes, having too good of position can backfire as well. in history class one year, there was a debate where we had to debate whether or not the mongols were barbarians. I had to argue that they were. I only had one point, but it was such a good point that I didn't need and other points. my point was: the mongols were barbarians because they killed 11% of the entire world population at the time. the other side had a lot of points, and they tried to negotiate what exactly the word "barbarian" meant, and they tried to bring up how the romans also killed a lot of people (which I pointed out, was pretty barbaric of them). in the end though, my side was judged to have lost, and I think that it lost because they didn't like that I only had one point, even if that one point outweighed every other point that you could make about them

-Me

Mhm. Debating is a tricky subject because words like "winner" and "loser" have value when in the real world they don't. There is rarely ever a right answer, only varying degrees of wrong. 

In hindsight, I could've argued either side legitimately. I think what confused me was, the prompt wasn't explained when we initially got it(most prompts typically are), so we were all confused as to what it meant. As such, I decided then and there I'd just have a bit of a breather and meme about misogyny. Dr. Turner only explained the prompt and its context after the debate, which was a tad bit annoying. I feel a bit embarrassed that I hadn't considered it was about the Taliban, but we'd already done a debate on the Taliban just a few weeks prior, so I'd thought we'd moved on. Oh well. 

Next week is, and I quote, "THB the Newsom recall efforts were politically biased." I'm gonna need him to explain that one to me, too. Does it mean the people rallying for him to be recalled were biased? If so, that's a painfully obvious "yes". What motives besides political could the recall efforts have been? Or maybe it means the state's handling of the recall was biased in his favor? Either way, silly prompt.