[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

humans like to kill each other on certain scales, but I am not so confident that humanity will wipe itself out.

Forgive me for doubting the ingenuity of a few people in a lab somewhere, but I don't believe that humans will ever develop faster-than-light travel without a very large scientific community (maybe the whole world's) working together. You're probably overestimating what not-that-many people can do, which is easy to do. But yeah, I didn't mean at all that humanity would totally cease to exist and that's why we'd never accomplish everything that's possible, although that's also obviously true on some timescale. I meant to really make the BIG accomplishments, we would optimally need the whole planet (or at least extremely large amounts of people) working together with very expensive technology, organization, and probably experiments (it's kind of sad how big (and expensive) of a deal just launching a rocket into space still is)

Gonna need the planet to not literally be falling apart to reach sci-fi levels of technology, regardless of whether some number of humans are still alive or not.

Related, just watched this video that's so potentially distressing I have to give a warning for those with anxiety about the future/world affairs to maybe skip it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXQ3nQBE4U&t=14

The title/thumbnail does the video zero justice, so I'm just keeping it as a URL.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Forgotpassword said:

UGGGH IM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF I WAS BANNED FROM A WEBSITE BECUASE I WAS A TULPA AND EVRYONE PICED ON MEEEEEE

I'm getting a strong impression you're going to random places, telling people who have no idea or precedent what you're talking about that you're not a normal human but an entity inside someone else's head, and then causing lots of drama by getting upset at extremely expectable responses.

You might need to learn a little tact, if I had to guess

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Ha, that video is blocked on my chromebook! 

Humanity is doomed to fall eventually. I've got my beliefs on the matter, but to put things simply, I'm but a step removed from the crazy homeless people in new york shouting "the end is near!". 

American english is stupid. You put punctuation inside of the quotation marks, which doesn't make sense unless the punctuation was part of the original quote. Let me try to conjure an example... 

I can't think of any off the top of my head. :( See the above sentence for something similar? I technically shouldn't put a period after the quotation marks, and especially not after the exclamation mark, but in british english, it's a-okay, and makes sense, because my tone wasn't exclamatory, theirs was. Putting a period instead of the exclamation mark doesn't make sense, either, because even if it fits what I'm saying, it doesn't fit the tone of the quote. Phooey. Bre, input? 

Just now, Luminesce said:

I'm getting a strong impression you're going to random places, telling people who have no idea or precedent what you're talking about that you're not a normal human but an entity inside someone else's head, and then causing lots of drama by getting upset at extremely normal responses.

You might need to learn a little tact, if I had to guess

My thoughts exactly. It's funny, they remind me of how I used to be. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

The video is blocked... "on your chromebook"? What? Like Youtube as a whole isn't blocked, but that video is?

Youtube enjoys censoring his videos in every way it can (often marking things as 18+, along with taking his channel out of the "Recommended" algorithm), but I can't think of any explanation for what you just said that isn't extremely upsetting

I'm in class, on my school chromebook that has certain sites and content blocked. I'm lucky .info isn't blocked. 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

39 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Forgive me for doubting the ingenuity of a few people in a lab somewhere, but I don't believe that humans will ever develop faster-than-light travel without a very large scientific community (maybe the whole world's) working together. You're probably overestimating what not-that-many people can do, which is easy to do. But yeah, I didn't mean at all that humanity would totally cease to exist and that's why we'd never accomplish everything that's possible, although that's also obviously true on some timescale. I meant to really make the BIG accomplishments, we would optimally need the whole planet (or at least extremely large amounts of people) working together with very expensive technology, organization, and probably experiments (it's kind of sad how big (and expensive) of a deal just launching a rocket into space still is)

Gonna need the planet to not literally be falling apart to reach sci-fi levels of technology, regardless of whether some number of humans are still alive or not.

I'm not basing my ideas on what people will be able to do on the idea that it will be figured out by a small group of survivors. I am basing it off the idea that after a lot of humanity is wiped out, eventually what is left will rebuild and continue where it left off and eventually figure out amazing things. not all the research has to be done at the same time. furthermore, humanity doesn't have to be working together to make scientific progress, in fact, history shows that when people are in conflict is when the most scientific progress is made; more progress was made on space travel during the cold war than was made in all of the rest of history combined. as long as an apocalypse leaves behind some people, science will probably still progress

1 hour ago, IceCreeper909 said:

Humanity is doomed to fall eventually. I've got my beliefs on the matter, but to put things simply, I'm but a step removed from the crazy homeless people in new york shouting "the end is near!". 

if it is assumed that humanity always has a possibility to go extinct, no matter how unlikely, but there is no possibility that it will come back once it is gone, then by the end of infinity you can expect that humanity will have gone extinct unless they somehow find a way to fundamentally change the nature of statistics, which seems unlikely. however, if it was found a way to change it so that it was possible that humanity could come back after going extinct, then that would be something

1 hour ago, IceCreeper909 said:

American english is stupid. You put punctuation inside of the quotation marks, which doesn't make sense unless the punctuation was part of the original quote. Let me try to conjure an example... 

I can't think of any off the top of my head. :( See the above sentence for something similar? I technically shouldn't put a period after the quotation marks, and especially not after the exclamation mark, but in british english, it's a-okay, and makes sense, because my tone wasn't exclamatory, theirs was. Putting a period instead of the exclamation mark doesn't make sense, either, because even if it fits what I'm saying, it doesn't fit the tone of the quote. Phooey. Bre, input? 

I don't know much about what stupid elitist prescriptivist grammarians think, nor do I care, and neither should anyone else. just type in a way that makes sense to you. communication is what matters, the precise form is unimportant

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

3 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

however, if it was found a way to change it so that it was possible that humanity could come back after going extinct, then that would be something

Chloe: That would be more than just "something", silly goose! >:0

On the note of the whole punctuation and quotation mark thing, the above is a great example of that. According to american english, the comma should be inside the quotation marks, but it isn't, (Because it's stupid!) because the comma wasn't part of the original quote. It's stupid, but important to remember for college papers in case you get a jack ass prof. who marks you down for shit like that. 

I've always personally chosen to punctuate quotation the "british way", because it definitely makes more sense. The idea of a " followed by the capital letter of a new sentence is just stupid

Probably the only time you should not do that is in college English classes

Agreed!