[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Instead of starting with pressure and slowly removing pressure, I repeatedly touch the table and really try to observe the feeling of each contact, and after doing it many times I start touching the air with the same motion, but try to experience the sensation of touching the table without touching the table

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like a metronome

Or more like those fountain thingies with the bird that dips down over and over again

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

It's been a while... I can't smell anything right now due to a cold. Which means no making up scent blends for a bit... so instead, we've been working on a research project to make a chain of Excel sheets feeding out of some databases Eli and I have been building since July meant to predict the dominant odor notes in a mixture of oils. It's going well... we've proved the method works, so if we can get the process automated, it will save everyone in our department a lot of time and hours formulating.

Things have been busy here, and we've definitely missed a lot. How is everyone doing?

So my friend’s mom thinks tulpas are bad and are a mental illness and will turn into alters- (she wanted to make a tulpa and told her mom about it because she had to tell her mom about this stuff)

like excuse me? As a traumagenic system that’s extremely offensive to us??? (And tulpa systems too I’m sure)

4 hours ago, TB said:

Instead of starting with pressure and slowly removing pressure, I repeatedly touch the table and really try to observe the feeling of each contact, and after doing it many times I start touching the air with the same motion, but try to experience the sensation of touching the table without touching the table

I see. I've heard people use something like that before. it seems to me like it would be more difficult, since it doesn't have the same sort of graduation, but no harm in trying. tell me how it works out!

2 hours ago, DumbFanta said:

So my friend’s mom thinks tulpas are bad and are a mental illness and will turn into alters- (she wanted to make a tulpa and told her mom about it because she had to tell her mom about this stuff)

like excuse me? As a traumagenic system that’s extremely offensive to us??? (And tulpa systems too I’m sure)

if I got offended every time someone said something ignorant about tulpamancy, I wouldn't have time to do anything else!

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

2 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

if I got offended every time someone said something ignorant about tulpamancy, I wouldn't have time to do anything else!

This is unironically a perfectly accurate description of 2021.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

That should be a fine way to train imposition, TB - Bre's guide looks like it's going to lead you by the hand step by step, but we didn't do anything special to make it easier, we just started by trying to experience the senses we wanted to be there until we did lol

Also, talking about imposition at the same time as "person said tulpamancy is a mental illness" is funny. It's definitely among the more out-there parts of tulpamancy. That's why it's important you think of things logically and reasonably, and why at least in the Tulpa.info community we have lots of best-practices and even conditions we will not recommend tulpamancy practice. 

People who experience derealization or dissociative thoughts, or basically who ever experience temporarily being unsure on what is real or not, should not practice basically any "out-there" tulpamancy techniques like imposition or switching. As long as they're still mentally healthy overall though, simply creating and interacting with a tulpa should be fine. But, if those dissociative thoughts or other mental experiences are often upsetting or disruptive to your life, then you almost certainly should not practice tulpamancy.

It's a practice meant to be done with clarity of mind, and for those already experiencing serious mental disorders like schizophrenia it can serve as a conduit for further harm by making you believe in the unreal. I don't think tulpamancy in any way shape or form can ever "progress" mental illness, but it can be as bad as if you told someone having delusions "Those thoughts are totally real, they can hurt you!", you know?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

good morning

8 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

tell me how it works out!

I will

3 hours ago, Luminesce said:

That should be a fine way to train imposition, TB

good

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I did front and side planks yesterday very briefly, which first of all hurt/were hard to do, and second of all made me slightly sore in some places. So I guess I did enough, though now I'm not sure what to do today.

That ExRx.net site said in its Weight Training Guidelines that you really don't need to be doing tons of working out every day, nor even doing it every day, to see real gains. Apparently both going very very hard on repetitions over and over, and doing a workout 5+ times a week, are only associated with slightly more gains over simply doing them a more reasonable amount ~twice a week.

That leaves me with little to do for ~3 days of the week, so maybe I should just have rest days even if I'm not terribly sore..?

They also have a page on Fat Loss & Weight Training Myths which is pretty good. Or extremely good, depending on if you're already aware of the "Spot Reduction Myth". I only learned that from my friend some months ago, that to lose say stomach fat it doesn't matter if you were doing workouts targeting the stomach, or just lifting dumbbells or what. All there is is location-specific muscle gain, but the weight loss simply comes from all muscles in your body contributing to your metabolism/requiring upkeep. So even if you just got really big arms and shoulder muscles, you would still end up losing however much stomach fat those muscle gains + your diet led to.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I like to exercise everyday anyway because it makes it easier to do other things. Having a day of doing nothing physical just makes me feel more lethargic and lazy

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko