[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Groundhog Day is such a minor holiday but the movie Groundhog Day is one of Phil's favorites and he watches it every year on the day. It's going to be my second time watching it with him! 😁

Phil's sister was big into Naruto back in the day. I don't know anything about anime though.

I have a general question: Is calling someone a weeb offensive? I've heard the term but I don't know if it's an insult or more of an affectionate thing.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops, didn't see your reply before I made mine.

And yeah weeb is generally an insult for people who are really into anime and japan. I wouldn't want to be called it. Maybe some people use it affectionately for some reason but I don't think it is common

It is short for weeaboo

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Nepeta's not a weeb, but I can imagine they'd come from there since their voice is a from someone speaking some sort of Japanese. I'd also say I'm not a weeb by going off that; I'm more obsessed with the other countries like Sweden.

5 minutes ago, TB said:

What animal would you be, Simmie

Oh gosh I was actually thinking about this a few days ago! I've been trying to narrow it down a bit, and since Phil has been really into nature documentaries recently I've had a lot to choose from. I think I'd be something in the Mustelid family, which includes weasels, badgers, ferrets, polecats, martens, otters, and a few other things. Something about that group just feels Simmie-like to me! 

13 minutes ago, TB said:

Rena likes her some honey. Maybe if she was an animal, she'd be a bear, lol

Nice! We'd then be part of the same biological Order and even the same Clade! (Oh gosh Phil's nerdiness is rubbing off on me a little)

10 minutes ago, TB said:

And yeah weeb is generally an insult for people who are really into anime and japan. I wouldn't want to be called it. Maybe some people use it affectionately for some reason but I don't think it is common

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I won't use the word then because I don't want to accidentally insult anybody!

7 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

I'd also say I'm not a weeb by going off that; I'm more obsessed with the other countries like Sweden.

That's really cool! 😁 Fun fact: Phil is actually 1/8 Swedish. I think the fact that you're interested in Sweden is really cool because Japanophiles are a dime a dozen but Swedophiles are fairly unique! Phil is a low-key big Anglophile. I'm not sure if there's a country in particular that I'm the most drawn to.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

8 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

Oh gosh I was actually thinking about this a few days ago! I've been trying to narrow it down a bit, and since Phil has been really into nature documentaries recently I've had a lot to choose from. I think I'd be something in the Mustelid family, which includes weasels, badgers, ferrets, polecats, martens, otters, and a few other things. Something about that group just feels Simmie-like to me! 

8 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

Nice! We'd then be part of the same biological Order and even the same Clade! (Oh gosh Phil's nerdiness is rubbing off on me a little)

Oh cool. You know a lot about animals lol, the documentaries have done a lot. We can see you as an otter or something lol

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

14 minutes ago, TB said:

Rena's actually supposed to be part nordic and part japanese lol

Ooh that's an interesting fact I didn't know! That changes how I mentally picture she looks like a little.

3 minutes ago, Gloomynoon said:

Maybe someday you will have one you're drawn to. People are usually interested in foreign cultures and the like, it's just the will to explore this vast world I think.

You know, this might sound weird, but I think I'm drawn to America the most. As in, the country I live in. There's just so much to see here, so much diversity of land and people, urban rural and suburban, plenty of natural beauty, and so many fascinating cultural dynamics! 😁 And I've only been to 5 states so far in my lifetime!

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23