Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

The healthiest senior citizens are the ones who are still going on jogs every day, both in my experience and objectively according to studies

The human body takes a "Use it or lose it" route to health as you age, the way to stay in shape and healthy into old age is to keep your body active

Joints will stay strong with healthy use but will get weaker if you just sit inside doing nothing all day

So, don't volunteer to start decaying as you get old

Preferably don't sit there decaying while you're young either, you gotta have something to take with you into old age to begin with..

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Gosh, yeah, "Use it or lose it" is totally true. Even in your 30s it's true, although it's a lot easier to bounce back than when you're old.

Hosts are like dogs: You've got to walk them once a day. 😄

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

on the other hand, exercising and physical activity can also increase your risk of injury, which is obviously deleterious to one's health

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Yeah, just casual exercise and working out are the best for lifespan on average. Getting seriously buff or going on mountain hikes instead of simple jogs come with both extra benefits and risks by comparison

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

Good night

Floors will be finished after tomorrow and then I can move all the furniture back to where it should be, and stop wearing slippers to walk around the house, and then I will be in optimal living/thinking conditions again

Still been thinking a lot, often, about how to fix my not-feeling-reward-from-things problem. After looking into what dopamine actually does more closely, it's possible my brain's dopamine-ing could actually work fine, because dopamine is the spark of motivation chemical to get you to do things you want to do... But it is not the reward chemical(s) that create pleasant feelings after accomplishing something. That's what's broken for me, and my motivation may just be appropriately assessing how good I felt about finishing given activities in the past and accurately gauging that it was "basically not at all"

Edited by Luminesce

Oh yeah. Dopamine just regulates behaviors and stuff. It actually isn't giving the pleasure that one feels. That's something else. So yeah, something else is off for you and dopamine is just following suite because it doesn't get the reward

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko