[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Good morning

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shade: morning

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

when y'all daydream, do you generally imagine things involving yourself, or things unrelated to yourself? I generally daydream about things unrelated to myself, and I thought that that was standard, but I read something that most normally daydream about themselves and things directly related to themselves

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I don't necessarily daydream that often, but I think when I get lost in thought like that it's usually just about whatever I was thinking about. So it could be about me going somewhere or doing something, or it could be about scenes from a movie or game or something, or it could be abstract thought

I don't really casually daydream about nothing at all except when I'm in bed, so

I'd guess it's neutral, for me?

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

I might've invented an extremely potent new technique/activity (also kind of a meditation) last night while talking to Tewi about our motivation & not-feeling-good-about-doing-things thing

I was going over the few productive things I had done that day and telling myself why they were good to have done and what good could come of them (and the act of choosing to do them), and I kind of realized the core goal of that process is really just to make things seem appealing in the future. So I was doing it with that intention, going over how they were good to have done and trying to associate positivity with doing them...

Which I realized clicked way better for me than trying to manually summon any kind of "yay I did it" retroactively (or in the moment). Clearly framing the positives of the activity, how it was good to have done just in general regardless of immediate results (including the meta "It's good that I actually chose to put time/effort into something at all"), and so on.

And THEN I realized.

There's no reason to limit this only to retrospective things I had just done that day. You could do this for any activities you wanted to encourage in the future. They don't even have to be things you've DONE before!

You can do this mental priming of associating activities in a positive light for anything you want to make easier to choose to do in the future. Thinking about all the benefits, immediate results and long term results, how it's good to do it in the first place, and whatever else you can think of. 

And so naturally I thought, this could be turned into a kind of meditation/dedicated session, where you just sit down for 10 to 60 minutes and go over the ways you want to feel about things, what you want to appreciate more. Tewi was particularly happy with this idea, as it gives her something widely helpful to do for the whole system. Assuming it works, that is.

Kind of assuming any of this actually shows results as a base concept. Science says "showing appreciation" is a good thing a lot recently though, and I think this is a more powerful/condensed version of vaguely trying to be thankful. 

If I think I start seeing results from this (I'm mostly just doing it at the end of the day before I go to sleep right now), I'll post it in our PR and not just LOTPW

Edited by Luminesce
guys I accidentally put two spaces between "to do" so I need to edit my post now

Cool

I think I've done something similar before

My brain likes to be primed to do things

Thinking about what I got to do tomorrow as I go to bed for the night also helps

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Not just thinking about or preparing for doing something (which I also do every so often if I don't feel prepared), this is specifically about priming positivity for activities to increase your motivation to do them more

Similar concept, but the intent is different, in the activity I'm talking about you probably shouldn't be thinking about anything negative or neutral like how to deal with problems or whatnot, it's purely for building positive associations so that you actually feel like doing it when the time comes or so that you resist it less

Certainly do that for meditation itself too at the beginning of meditations. Remind self why doing it and all the good things it brings and will bring. It can help a lot

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko