[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

The resolution on the quest 2 is good??? Lumi, resolution standards for VR and everything else are different. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, IceCreeper909 said:

The resolution on the quest 2 is good??? Lumi, resolution standards for VR and everything else are different. 

I didn't even look up the resolution

My brother, who cares even less about graphics than I do, said the blurriness on the sides was bothering him, and people on the internet agreed

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/jadq06/oculus_quest_2_is_it_supposed_to_be_blurry/g95qc3r/

Which along with the battery life helps explain how it costs so little

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

2 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

My brother, who cares even less about graphics than I do, said the blurriness on the sides was bothering him, and people on the internet agreed

Ah, the IPD might be the cause 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Yeah, ended up finding 3 things, though the real ones are small ones. IPD is a possibility and I'm going to recommend he try out the three presets to see if that makes things better at all. And apparently glasses for the near-sighted still matter because some optical trickery of the lenses makes them actually effectively 6 feet away based on how your eyes focus on them, as opposed to just looking at a real screen point-blank (because eyes can't actually focus on things that close to begin with)

And the third is that it's actually just slightly blurry resolution, which can be bumped up with the SideQuest... Program?, which will actually just make images look higher quality, but will likely cause performance issues depending on the game and how much you increase it. Unsure on if that applies to streaming from your PC or not, though I'm sure at the very least it would further decrease battery lifespan a bit.

By default, it's probably similar to watching a 720p video in fullscreen on a 1080p monitor. Still looks fine, but it's not perfectly clear, and switching to a higher resolution would make a noticeable difference

(I haven't actually tried his VR headset, though the one I tried some years ago was serviceable "Feels like I'm looking at a screen, I guess" quality)

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I like my quest 2, it's betetr than the rift and quest 1, and the index isn't actually that good 

(edited)

The Index has a higher FoV, base stations for more sensitive motion tracking (which may be a downside to less sensitive VR with no spatial requirements, depends on your preference), and a higher refresh rate (for max FPS), and while it's a bit heavier I think it also has better sound (my brother's Quest 2 is just playing sound through speakers that I can easily hear, idk) and probably other stuff

But it's $1000, while the Quest 2 for $300 has perfectly serviceable VR with fully functional standalone (no PC) capability and teeechnically a higher maximum possible resolution, though the thing can NOT run games at even close to its maximum resolution so that's a moot feature, and also it requires a facebook account which is pathetic, though you can make a fake fodder one like my brother did (but then it made him install an app on his phone to connect it to his PC.... what?)

Edited by Luminesce

my quest 2 has some perscription lens inserts that work for me. my ipd is a bit too wide for the headset, but its close enough that i can play just fine. i usually get drunk in vr though, so whatever blur their might be is overwrote with beer goggles anyway. 

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

I've used the index, not a fan