[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

well right now we have every intention of making making our own games our source of income, and zero (ZERO NONE NO WAY) intention of making money with a programming job, so it should be fine for us

... seriously HECK writing code as a job, we'd sooner get a job in the 3D modeling market like arch viz than consign ourselves to the most soul-sucking job we've ever heard of

no, our backup plan if literally everything fails is generic bad jobs like fast food (or restaurant which is actually a lot cooler), library, uh... any desk job in any local store I guess...

that's not our plan at all and would suck, but we'd rather do that until we can make new plans than get into a CS career

But we're not doing that either! We're gonna make game(s)! Like at least one, eventually! Preferably two or three!

More than three games seems unlikely though like who's got time for that, we should be able to comfortably retire after the second...

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly your 'issue' is pretty normal, like when people start 50 projects and never finish one. 

I'm just anal about finishing something I started unless there's a damn good reason to scrap it. "Save it for later" is not a thought that ever pops into my head once I start. So then I used to have a lot of intrusive thoughts, apprehension and anxiety for starting things and I just had to push past it.

It gets hard if I have to stop it's painful to leave something unfinished unless I scrap it and then it's technically a failure. Which is why the "family portrait" is long overdue and finding references is an endless casual task for Joy and Gwen even though I know exactly what they look like in every detail.

You could be the next Mojang and sell out to Microsoft and then watch your creation move slowly into the sucks category as they add paywalls and alienate their fanbase with silly DRM.

But at least you'll be rich.

(edited)

well we're not aliens or something, people will probably relate to all of our troubles

the big difference seems to be that we don't experience feel-good-chemicals for most activities or work, not even preparing fancy food (like butter on toast), so it's extremely hard to be motivated to do things even when we logically want to do them

probably related to us having schizoid personality disorder, but it's hard to say if a personality disorder like that causes lessened emotions and stuff, or if we just were always like that and the symptoms of it can be called something y'know

7 minutes ago, Bear said:

You could be the next Mojang and sell out to Microsoft and then watch your creation move slowly into the sucks category as they add paywalls and alienate their fanbase with silly DRM.

But at least you'll be rich.

it's okay, we're super minimalists, if we made the money the average "OK" game release on Steam makes we'd be set for a LONG time

hard to make concrete plans though because an OK game could make $40,000 or it could make $600,000, and we also aren't at the point where we can say what kind of time and effort goes into one of those "OK" games to know what we should expect to be capable of y'know

but we're optimistic if we can get our motivation (or just productive habits) going that we can do as well as or better than most of those people, though we'll never be the Stardew Valley dev who made like $200m for 12,000 hours of work over 4 years lol

if we ended up making over $2m we would start putting our money towards philanthropy

but even if we just make a few hundred thousand we'll still be helping out our immediate family and tipping our favorite artists and all that, plus probably investing in ourselves 'cus we're still young and have a ton of life ahead of us

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

good night

I gotta do, again!

last time I said that I do'd pretty well so

Simmie hi

our brain doesn't even know how to send happy nice things but I saw your signature's heart/ring and it made me want to express happy to you

did it work? did I do it?