[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

That's an awesome lizard! 😁

Goats are awesome! Sadly no goats here outside of a very small number of specialty farms. What we do have are deer. Lots and lots of deer. It's to the point where almost everyone Phil knows has hit a deer with their car at least once in their life, including Phil himself.

Oh and we have wild turkeys too! They're really neat looking and make a cool gobbling sound.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They try to prevent that by putting up signs that say "Watch out, deer Xing" but it never seems to work. I'm beginning to suspect that deer can't actually read...

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

(edited)

(copy pasted from Discord)

Spoiler

Behold, my first line of code I've written myself (the transform one)

unknown.png

after 90 minutes of researching, consulting the admin of a Unity server for help, and then having to do even harder research on my own and reading a giant Github thread

at which point I willed into existence a Microsoft employee who would, three years in the past, implement the feature I was confused to not have in that very thread

prompting me to go back to the program and try it again, still not work, and then after some brief testing

I found that VSCode will not overtype a close bracket that was automatically created as a pair, IF you have moved the cursor off of that line at any point

And you will instead need to arrow key right to move past it from then on

coding is harder than I thought

but I think I can persevere

as long as I never say this again

unknown.png

I spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out how to get past the ) at the end of the line without hitting the arrow key right because that takes slightly more time, and I thought we'd have to do that forever on every single line, when it turns out you can just hit ) to go past it normally, you just can't if you've clicked off the line at any point lol

I feel like the logical thing after all that is to be discouraged that coding is so incredibly hard that it took 2 hours to get past our first line of code

but it was just so ridiculous in the end that my only feeling is the emote X3

(people who haven't seen us on Discord are probably confused about me, typing as "Reisen", with Lumi's avatar lol - if we switched it around to suit us switching it would make our friends suspicious so we just use Lumi's, and Reisen (#0001 !) is our Discord tag (but we change our nickname and color to match who's fronting in the Tulpa.info Discord at least))

Edit: I successfully failed our first line of code, by accidentally writing it in Start() instead of Update(), so that code only runs once right before the game starts and never again, instead of every single frame lol

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

good morning

I'm considering whether coding's infinite loop of errors and spending more time trying to figure out why the code doesn't work than writing it is actually a problem for us...

... or if we're so inherently satisfied by making things work that that won't actually be a problem

'cus even after wasting all that time on literally nothing I still feel pretty happy with the cube I made spin around in Unity lol

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Coding scratches an itch for me and the deeper I go the more it satisfies but it's also very time consuming.

(edited)

no itch here, but we've been scared about the amount of coding we'd need to do to make our own games, since coding seemed like probably the worst thing we'd have to do by far

but so far (obviously we just started but still, so far) learning coding as been more appealing than 3D stuff, or learning how to create textures which we haven't started yet, even though coding is like the least friendly thing to learn out of all this

I guess there's no getting away from what your brain is naturally inclined to do and what it's not

Edited by Lucilyn