[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

8 hours ago, TB said:

also Lumi what is wrong with redi they stopped drawing 2 by 4s and are drawing stuff I would

well let me just answer for Lumi because he's not about to be switched in

idk what 2 by 4s are

but it looks like based on their comment there and that we mentioned before that they don't appreciate their artstyle because it's too easy for them and want to learn to draw normal high quality art instead

which is sad 'cus we really liked their unique style of "messy" brush strokes (and yours too)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Normal high quality art is overrated. Once you share 1 (or 4) then everyone expects you to be able to just do it. Suddenly you have 3 more to do and it's just very daunting. You know, cause it's not enough to have the exact, high quality references you based your headmates on. Then there's the family portrait and are you kidding me? That's insane.

it seems like some of our knowledge from Blender applies to the visuals of Unity too

they don't perfectly reflect each others' settings but most of the same concepts apply, so it shouldn't take very long to figure the stuff out compared to Blender

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

(edited)

I feel rude not saying good night after you do even though you probably never see us say that before you've already gone to bed

I'm gonna try to start making simple little game mechanics now I think

hopefully the difficulty to do that is roughly what I expect

Edited by Lucilyn

Yeah it's generally best to start small and build up your capabilities from there. I started with Unity less than a year ago and it's definitely possible to bite off more than you can chew with game ideas you can mentally conceptualize but don't know how to code.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

(edited)

lol, even being extremely simple I still didn't realize I didn't have any idea how to make the camera move with the mouse, or to interact with things based on the middle of the camera pointing at them

no game mechanic recreations yet but I'm getting more familiar with a couple movement options and rotation

Visual Studio Code just becomes a rainbow once you've actually written code lol

Spoiler

unknown.png

idk if those if statements in the middle need curly braces around them or not 'cus the code works either way, guess I should look that up

looked-it-up edit:

curly braces on if statements are optional, if no braces then only the line immediately after the if () will be "inside the if" and the 2nd+ line is just more code again

and it's maybe recommended to use { } anyways just so if you ever expand the if statement code you won't forget you have to do that

Edited by Lucilyn

10 hours ago, Lucilyn said:

idk what 2 by 4s are

like the boards of wood. my whole post was a joke that they only draw flat characters but recently started delving into drawing breasts lol. it's odd to see a not flat drawing from them but now it is more and more common

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

50 minutes ago, TB said:

my whole post was a joke that they only draw flat characters but recently started delving into drawing breasts lol.

OH

I never would've thought that's what you were talking about lol

is that even true? wasn't the Rin we linked not flat chested? but yeah the newest pic was very different from all his other stuff

hey now that we've done a little bit of everything

I can safely say

converting/mapping/baking textures in Blender for use in other programs is by far the hardest thing we've had to do

not learning to model, not learning to animate, not learning C#/scripting

just managing the absolute rocket science that is materials & textures

I recommend it to NO ONE