[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

We just needed to evolve better eyes like cats

just heard someone point out that all purported ghosts are like people from the 50s-70s, but you never hear about cavemen ghosts or anything lol

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sounds like the perfect excuse for scientists to watch cats. "We need to observe cat behavior for uh...research." But yeah, their bioluminescent eyes are incredible.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

it's not bioluminescence lol, that's like jellyfish that glow and stuff

Cats' nocturnal vision is far superior to that of humans. While they can't see in total darkness, they can see with only one-sixth of the illumination we need to see.

In the feline, the muscles of the iris surrounding the pupils are constructed in a way that allows the eye to narrow to a vertical slit in bright light and to open fully in very dim light to allow maximum illumination.

In addition, a reflective layer behind the cat's retina, called the tapetum lucidum, reflects incoming light and bounces it back off the cones, making more use of the existing light.

The tapetum is probably responsible for the shiny green orbs you see when a small amount of light hits a cat's eyes at night.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Huh, I could've sworn I read somewhere that cats have bioluminescent cells in the back of their eyes. Oh well, your quote is from Wikipedia which continues to be a reliable source regardless of what several teachers say to the contrary (seriously, why do teachers hate Wikipedia so much?).

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

(edited)

actually it was from https://www.thesprucepets.com/guide-to-cat-eyes-552114

but I think it's pretty commonly known information you'd also find on wikipedia yeah

3 minutes ago, Srn347 said:

Huh, I could've sworn I read somewhere that cats have bioluminescent cells in the back of their eyes. Oh well, your quote is from Wikipedia which continues to be a reliable source regardless of what several teachers say to the contrary (seriously, why do teachers hate Wikipedia so much?).

because the goal of those classes/assignments is to teach kids how to cite sources, wikipedia is just a means to an end but doesn't really teach you how to cite very well (good teachers tell you to cite wikipedia's sources)

Edited by Lucilyn

35 minutes ago, Miri said:

I took a nap with my cousin's cat

Did it feel like pic related?

spacer.png

Super Girls don't cry