[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

12 hours ago, Flandre said:

It's not a scam or fake at all. Also, use Alt+Page Down/Up to adjust brightness when using f.lux (and adjust the level of redness and at what times to your preference)

I cannot vouch for any other programs anywhere else, including built-in ones

Turning off f.lux during the night practically burns our eyes, so I highly recommend at least keeping the minimum level of blue-light removal on during the night, even if you're not intending to sleep, just for your eyes' sakes.

We adjust the brightness manually all the time, it doesn't save so it's kind of meant to be adjusted on the fly.

I'll have to give it a try, thank you for the suggestion. 

8 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

One-night-early Fourth of July fireworks are starting to pop off around here! 🎆🎇

Come to think of it, the early 4th of July fireworks in our neighborhood have been tame. Gray's brother told me a friend of his had fireworks since July 1st.

We have neighbors who like to launch fireworks at every holiday or possibly every opportunity. I'm not a personal huge fan of the noise, and I'm glad I brought some noise cancelling headphones for gun shots going out to try to feed the neighbor's cat. I was behind the trees, I couldn't see them clearly. I could smell the smoke from my neighbors yard, it wasn't a good mix given how moist it was outside. Despite the noise I couldn't find the cat, she's probably hiding somewhere else.

While I appreciate celebration for the holidays, fireworks on a seemingly random day or fireworks pre-holiday can be frustrating, especially when trying to sleep.

8 hours ago, Flandre said:

I'm pretty sure we're gaining muscle from these workouts, so that's nice

Feels a bit silly that our primary goal is just to increase our metabolism & lose weight though, lol.

Gaining muscle mass is a plus, and if you work out you'll definitely increase your desire to eat. I'm guessing exercise is good for metabolism too.

Being neurotic and giving up on the third meal most of the time- not healthy. Plus, I'm pretty sure we have very little muscle mass, we're nice and flabby where we have curves. I think weight gain from exercise is a W, even if your goal is to lose weight.

7 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I say, throw kids learning to read into the 'deep end' and let them read things like the illuminatus! trilogy.

I would not be comfortable giving a minor a book with graphic sex scenes. However, I agree that if a child wants to read something more complicated, they should get one. I also agree that reading level is stupid, that didn't stop one person I read a story about who was reading The Grapes of Wrath in Kindergarten.

I do try to take children seriously, but I wouldn't be surprised if they think I'm just a giant weirdo. Children are still people after all.

That reminds me- there was one point at work I didn't know how to diffuse a situation, and even more embarrassingly, it was an autistic child having a meltdown. Another lifeguard diffused the situation, and they explained that it's about empathy.

Here's the kicker- I think there's a lot more to it than empathy. I can empathize with everyone all I want, but with my lack of understanding what people are thinking and what they value, I don't know what to do. I felt sad and pain for the child, but I also felt sad and pain for the other people who were also waiting in line. So I think what is fair? But other people have different values, so my perception of what I think is happening is always incomplete, and often wrong. And even if I could understand the dynamic, there's still the figuring out the best thing to do part. I don't know how the hell people just seem to "know" what to do.

I feel like I'm a glass window and everyone else is frosted glass. They can see through me and each other, but I can't see through them. But my glass has scratches in it, and when I do what I think is right I become unpredictable and people get offended by what I do.

I just can't help but feel it's a double standard- there's a "correct way" to socialize, and being autistic doesn't actually give you what you need to help other autistic people. Being autistic can help you understand and feel emotional pain for them, but you can still offend them and hurt them. And of course, people can get so upset because people must work a certain way, so of course there are no exceptions to "normal". So I'm struggling my whole life to understand how frosted glass works, and it's hard for me to feel sympathy for people who get tricked by the light of my scratches- even though I empathize with that all the time. In order to be a good person, you have to not just put yourself out there to feel their pain- you have to read their mind too.

7 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

a lot of society is invisible bondage, that restricts almost everyone. you could break free, but it's scary, and would it even be a good idea?

Just do what I do and forget that I couldn't break the rope in the first place! And then realize that was rope, oops.

I personally see no value in "freeing" myself from society. Would I like to live in the woods in the middle of nowhere, spending all day hunting for food? Knowing if I get too sick or injured, I'll probably die? Not to mention I bet nobody on the streets gives a shit I'm autistic and if I don't follow the social rules the punishment is injury and or death, not just irritated people. No thanks, I would rather enjoy the comfort of having a house if not at least a roof over my head, having health care, and only having to worry about food for maybe 3-4 hours on average each day.

Some people really want to be free, by all means go ahead. It's not the life for me.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

I would not be comfortable giving a minor a book with graphic sex scenes

why not? the whole taboo on talking about things like sex is stupid. it's a thing that people need to talk about sometimes, and all that suppressing information on it does is make kids less prepared for when it happens, and possibly develop strange ideas of shame and guilt around the topic. and ya know, they drill kids like crazy on stuff like stranger danger and how you need to not get in cars of adults who you don't know well, but nobody wants to talk about sex or rape to a child, so when uncle bob tries to feel up little jimmy's private areas, little jimmy might be uncomfortable, but he is unprepared for this situation, and doesn't know how dangerous the situation would be, or that adults would take his complaints seriously if he told them about it. trying to restrict information almost never helps anyone. information was meant to be free!

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I would leave it up to the child to decide for themselves "how complex" they wanna go. At some point you have to bring out the sampler platter to give children a frame of reference to know what a book even is, what it means and what different kinds. I understand keeping some sort of theme in the curriculum and still bringing in the heavy hitters and timeless corner stones of literature, but I'm for a lot more flexibility. A skill that I think is on the wane in our rigid dogmatic world is to guide people into developing themselves as a person instead of telling them "this is an adult. Copy this." Especially since generations are getting outmoded quicker and quicker. Learning isn't something you accomplish. Being an adult is an organic process that never ends because society and it's requirements are constantly changing. People need the opportunities and intellectual tools to adapt properly. Children need to be introduced to the resources and context for their interests very early so they can make informed decisions when choices are asked of them. Don't wait til they're in high school or even college to give them access to specialized education and training. Do it early but don't lock them into the pathway like some countries do. 8 year olds not 20 year olds should be sampling majors like appetizers. College is still a massive financial burden and not fiscally responsible to take risks and make mistakes. Let children and teenagers even, try and sometimes fail early. Mistakes and failure are a part of learning. You fail until you succeed then move onto the next challenge. Failing forward is a very important skill to learn. You messed up, now what are you going to do about it? Waiting to teach people that until they're already adults is irresponsible. Do it when they're still financially protected by their parents/guardians. It's a massive burden on society to prop up adults for an additional decade until they can finally fend for themselves. I know there are several professions that require that long (or longer) to fully train for but even then students should be getting introduced into self-sufficiency and starting job positions or at minimum internships. If adults can't be adults and self-sufficient by the age of majority then that standard loses meaning. Biological development is one thing, but people should appreciate what being an adult means by then as well. College isn't designed to be adult baby-sitting and welfare until job positions open up. Yet that's how it's treated sometimes. It's supposed to be finishing school for advanced specialized careers. Maybe it's technology and complexity creep in the structure of our jobs and industries that it takes so long but how do we expect 18 year olds to just go out and be people? Maybe it's easier now with the labor shortage to just go out and get a job than when I graduated high school but I'm just frustrated with how education is handled and high school diplomas are treated as participation awards with no value in the work force. Sorry for the rant and I hope I'm not projecting too much.

Books good. Go read them. They will last longer than YouTube or TikTok videos and are essential for preserving knowledge.

And to add to Bre's bit yes most of society is indoctrinated social/behavioral bondage. One can argue the merits for the cynical approach of doing that "for people's good" because they "won't choose the responsible approach themselves." Maybe there's still an idealist buried deep down inside of me but I hope essentially fooling people into social compliance isn't as important as society seems to think. I would prefer the informed opinion approach. Lay bare the consequences on the table up front and then let people choose their behavior. The law and government to me are like a game rulebook we all agree to follow for our collective benefit and enjoyment. We trade some freedoms for security assurances and benefits that we couldn't achieve feasibly on our own. Like Ranger I'll put up with the frustrations of playing by the rules of questionable fairness than fight people and nature head on for resources, security and goods/services.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

(edited)

I should probably ellaborate on "minor" and my position on teaching children about sex.

I believe the best way to go about it is to start simple and go from there. When the child is young like 8-10 years old, I don't think a graphic sex scene is appropriate, but I think it's time to explain the bodily organs involved, the fact mommy + daddy (or mommy and mommy + help?) make a baby via sex. When they're a teenager or 12 even, I think it's then appropriate to talk about sexual feelings and how they're normal. If you want to have sex, please use condoms and birth control. While I wouldn't personally feel comfortable handing my teenager a book with explicit sex scenes, if they wound up with that novel on their own I don't think it makes any sense to take it away from them.

I know there are rules about sexual discussion. We don't allow minors to talk about sex with adults in NSFW channels. I think this is mostly to prevent adults ERPing with minors though. I think mature sexual discussion around kids is okay, but when it gets into too many details I don't think it's okay anymore.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Big discussions

My feelings of shame regarding sex is very high lol. Sex is evil minus certain circumstances. I wasn't even really raised religious, it's like imprinted knowledge on my soul

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko