[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Good morrning my friends! 😊

Phil and his friends had a running joke about "meat leaves" when they were in high school. 😄🥩🍃 Believe it or not Phil actually went through a vegetarian phase that lasted a year and a half. That was over 15 years ago now, and I can't see him returning to that. As for me, I just love pepperoni pizza too much! 🍕😋

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Breloomancer said:

animal cells are notoriously difficult to grow. it can be done, but a culture of animal cells is more likely to spontaneously die due to slightly less than ideal conditions than just about any other type of cells afaik. and even then, just growing the right animal cells still wouldn't result in anything like eating real meat because it wouldn't have the same structures and textures. it is possible to decelularize and recelularize tissue, so you could fill plant matter with animal cells, and that would be a lot better, but it still wouldn't really be like eating meat. you could try to artificially grow macro scale animal structures, but at that point it would probably be easier to just genetically modify an animal to be brain dead upon birth, and try to artificially keep it alive until it's fully grown. regardless, we are a long, long way off from lab grown meat being a practical replacement for eating sentient animals. maybe in eighty years, after we've figured out how to fully reverse the effects of aging and cured cancer, people might start to devote their full attention to the issue of growing animal cells for consumption

Textures? No problem! Just grow some bone and ligaments and get a machine that moves the leg around.

Obviously it's not going to be that easy. I'm not sure if creating a brain-dead animal would be much easier to take care of, but I agree it's definitely more possible than what I just proposed.

Honestly it may be the other way around when it comes to inventions- we may grow meat before we cure cancer and fully reverse the effects of aging. Food is important, and I think those technologies actually go hand in hand.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

we already can grow meat, it's just that we're way farther off from growing meat for consumption economically than we are from curing cancer and totally reversing aging. although I suppose that if it becomes extremely more expensive to raise livestock in the near future, that might lower the bar a bit for what cultured meat would have to be

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I watched the first episode of MiA 2nd season. There was a part that was a bit cringe but overall, cool

Good morning

Ranger I like you. You're a pretty cool not-hippo. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

25 minutes ago, Miichu said:

I watched the first episode of MiA 2nd season. There was a part that was a bit cringe but overall, cool

I still need to watch the first season

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I have spent ~$250+ on the steam summer sale. Most games were gifts, no less. I really need to get another job already before my spending habits eat up all my savings... 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space