[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Going to play a slightly less scammy scam and try investing. My goal is to be able to net per month what I'm earning working retail. Then I can go full-time writing.

Edited by Glaurung26

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

That is a thing, my friend's told me about how at some amount of money (I think it was $200k) you can make enough from its appreciation to live off of for the rest of your life if you live a minimalist lifestyle

I'm fairly sure the S&P 500 is the general go-to for that

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I like your funny words, magic man 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

gn

I agree, I hope the night will be good

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

yeah

Finally starting to understand why I/others settle around certain GSP (ranking) in online Smash Ultimate

Going between some of my characters, I sometimes can't get out of 2.4m range even when I'm trying, but then other characters I can easily hover in the 5.4m range without trying any harder. Seeing the people at the 2.4m range and 5m range, it often feels like they weren't playing particularly better in the 5m's, with some people in the 2m's being really hard to fight (and others being very very easy)

And a couple of my characters 5m+ are not even characters I practice much, while Marth I cannot get past 2.7m no matter how hard I try. But Marth is known to be very difficult to play online (latency) and hard to play well in general. As well as with Rosalina, who I mained in Smash 4 for a while, who I also cannot get past 3m even though I work way harder to play her than most characters (because you're basically playing two characters at once).

So I finally realized, the GSP you'll hover around is not just your skill, it's more like the combination of how you play and what character you're playing. When I play characters who I have to go out of my way to play in a unique way, like spacing everything very carefully as Marth or playing two characters at the same time as Rosalina, my GSP range is much lower regardless of how hard I try. But when I play basically any old character who thoughtlessly fits my playstyle, like Dark Pit who I just played online for the first time recently and is now my highest GSP character at ~6m, my GSP is naturally much higher.

After probably 200+ hours of playing online it's actually pretty nice to have figured this out, because I was starting to get pretty frustrated with some characters I play a lot being stuck in the 2.5m range, while some others I could just play casually and get over 5m. But it makes a lot of sense that it's simply "How hard of a time is your opponent going to have fighting your character, with you playing them?"

Also if anyone just so happens to be better at Smash than me, keep in mind I purposely play like 16 characters and avoid looking up combo/tech videos as I don't find that stuff fun to just be told

Edited by Luminesce

All the factors that affect whether you win or not will have an effect on your ranking. Elo, as well as its successors Glicko and Glicko2, were based off of evaluating the probability of you winning and labeling that factor as skill. If you win 80% of the time with one character but only 60% of the time with another, the algorithm will think you are more skilled with the first one, even if (for example) it's just because opponents face the other one less often and don't know the matchup very well.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.