[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

19 minutes ago, Bear said:

My plan for retirement is to drop dead. Plan B is my 401k, Social Security, and other investments. Neither plan has any regrets. I'll just be bored out of my head I suspect. 

3% of people plan to work till their basically dead, 1.5% are lucky enough to succeed.

If you have a job you can do at old age that's an option. Like emerited professors still going to their lab every day even when in their 90s. But bored - I never was bored in my life and never will be. I have so much stuff and projects at home they would last for several lifetimes.

My personal experience is that I made way more money investing it with a few clicks and excessively doing nothing than I realistically could have in jobs available to me. I guess I have saved up about as much as Bear but that's just numbers in a computer system which my be gone or 'redistributed' tomorrow. In favorable times it would probably be enough to retire with a frugal lifestyle but we do not live in favorable times anymore.

Honestly I'm not sure I even want to live in 40-50 years, it's already getting unbearable now. If someone told me a few years ago we'd have month-long pandemic curfews, 20% inflation and rationed electricity and gas I would have called him a nutjob. But fact is we're pretty fucked in the coming winter and these are the good times. The real fun will begin when China invades Taiwan. And they will. The question is not if but only when. Then we're in a two-fronts (more or less) Cold War against Russia and China while being totally dependent on imports from both. It will be awesome. I see the middle European future somewhere between Afghanistan and Somalia. Both economy- and demographics-wise.

So yeah, I'm not really thinking about retirement. Government will soon raise minimum retirement age to 70 so I still have a few decades after which the world will be completely different for sure.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The saddest thing about Germany shutting down most of their nuclear reactors is that I don't trust any country in the world more than Germany to manage nuclear facilities correctly, literally no other country from the US to the UK is so incredibly strict on regulations in general as Germany is

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This.

The plants are old but very very very well maintained. The decision to turn them off was purely ideological.
People are irrational easily swayed by emotions. After Fukushima understandably many did not want to take the small risk of NPPs  and nuclear fuel anymore. But they did not think ahead where the power actually should come from.

And again I have to say the problems are leftists, especially the Greens. Not because they are bad people but because they are dreamers who have lost grasp of how hard reality can be. They not only shut down all nuclear, but also all coal power plants at the same time. They don't want to build hydropower because of the impact on ecosystems. Wind turbines - yes please but not within view of my house. Also kills birds.

They are spoiled upper middle class kids who grew up in unimaginable post-war prosperity - and they thought it would go on forever.  And now without nuclear and coal the only power plants left to stabilize the grid are gas powered and they have no fuel. If lots of people switch from now insanely expensive gas central heating to electric in winter we'll have some nifty Europe-wide blackouts.

And this problem was known for years, decades. But everyone relied on Russians for cheap gas.

Wind doesn't just kill birds, they kill the large endangered ones. You can't be both a ecologist specializing in carbon and one specializing in endangered species.

If you live to 70, you should be very happy, you beat the current odds.

Here we're a month away from anarchy and all we need is a reason.

Y'know

I don't agree with either of those, I think people living in first world countries right now are going to live longer on average than humans ever did before, and I sincerely doubt any first world country is even close to revolting right now. Aside from like, Cuba. Against the US, rightfully

Doubt they'll be able to though

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

what would they know, most of us haven't died yet

Soon

16 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

life expectancy in the US is on a downward trend

Everywhere in the western world. Because we're getting more diverse. For a small educated elite life expectancy continues to rise sharply but for the poor and uneducated masses with unhealthy lifestyles things look very different.  And our social systems cannot be maintained because we have less and less net contributors and more and more net receivers of welfare/retirement money.

36 minutes ago, Bear said:

Wind doesn't just kill birds, they kill the large endangered ones. You can't be both a ecologist specializing in carbon and one specializing in endangered species.

We undertake enormous efforts protecting birds of prey and other large migratory birds as well as bats near wind farms here and the rotors have to be slowed down or stopped altogether when at risk species are detected in the area. Some wind farms are taken offline all summer while rare migratory birds are present. Also minimum distance to inhabited areas is so high that there's not much space left for additional turbines.

As I said - life is about making compromises, there's no such thing as a free lunch. For a long time people thought we could afford such shenanigans but the hard truth is that the only reasonable way to protect the environment is less people. But the only people getting less are the wealthy and educated ones which have no more children while the poor ones keep reproducing like crazy. You do not have to be a population ecologist to figure out what that means for the future.

I want to plan for the long-term but...... (see above issues).

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

17 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

That is so cool Ice! 😁

Knives, swords, and martial arts! If a zombie apocalypse breaks out I wanna be on your team! 😁

(Or maybe Yakumo's team because he has the bang-bangs 😄)

Why not both?

I would also recommend my tupper with her supreme toughness proven in countless dreams. Absolutely inedible for any kind of monster.

Hmm, on the other hand...

.) Is way more dangerous than zombies themselves when annoyed

.) Occasionally bites humans as well.

Choose wisely...