[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

TRUE

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always feel like the "just do it" advice comes from people who don't really know how they got the results they did and assume it will just magically come to fruition for others as well.

Spoiler

No, I'm totally not salty about all of the imposition guides I read last night that featured that as its main points...

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

To be fair, "Just do it" is my advice on learning imposition too lol

Just try to convince yourself you're seeing/etc.'ing something until you eventually are, that's what we did

I think a handful of hard to pin down mental skills/ways-people-are are probably at play in how easy it is to pick up though. Unfortunately not something I can teach, especially when I'm not sure what they are, but if anyone attempts to seriously learn imposition and can't then those factors must exist

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

imposition is so annoying that we seldom bother with it 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

sometimes "just do it" is the best advice you know how to give, but if that is the case, just don't write a guide. just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean you would be good at teaching someone else. I have a few ideas for how I might be able to teach it, but I would seriously struggle to write a good guide on switching, even though I can do it with no issue

I really need to work more on my imposition guide... writing is hard

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

mood

Yeah, it's hard to not just write "Just do it" in an imposition guide, since that's what you do

I mean, it won't be realistic or fulfilling at the start, but just doing it is nonetheless how you learn and practice until it eventually is good.

(There's tons of tricks and tips for imposition of course, but at the core of learning to do it...)

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

gn

Seeing comments of mine on Touhou OSTs from 11-12 years ago is funny

Right on the border of being cringe, but any further back and my comments become physically painful to read

4 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

sometimes "just do it" is the best advice you know how to give, but if that is the case, just don't write a guide. just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean you would be good at teaching someone else. I have a few ideas for how I might be able to teach it, but I would seriously struggle to write a good guide on switching, even though I can do it with no issue

The irony here is there are a lot of people who don't actually need long-form guides and find them frustrating because there's too many expectations set by the guide author. Just guesstimating, about 60-70% of tulpamancers active in the community don't read guides and figure stuff out on their own. A lot of people figure out switching on their own and I noticed a trend where tulpamancers are learning to switch faster and faster. And no, it's not because of Verple's guide, it's because their friends know how to switch and then they want to do it too. All these people need is a mindset to start off with and they don't need the rest.

I believe "just do it" guides are a valid form of guide material and not accepting them is wrong. Not only do some people need these guides, they're a portion of guides guide authors do write and have been around as long as modern tulpamancy.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread