[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

half those people aren't even really switching though, just using some modified version of possession (or sometimes not modified at all)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm comfy here 😊 *pats copilot seat* Switching is work.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

1 hour ago, Breloomancer said:

half those people aren't even really switching though, just using some modified version of possession (or sometimes not modified at all)

I'm not sure that's the case. Some people have achieved sensory switching or something similar to it with this approach, and I believe if the experiences are similar the difference is authority being equal or not. I have seen switching similar to what I believe is possession but functioned differently because there was an assumption the host and tulpa were equals rather than the host can kick out their tulpa whenever they wanted.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'm not up to date enough with the modern community to know what the prevalence of "possessing but calling it switching" is anymore

It's absolutely a thing, but I couldn't say whether it's 5% of cases or 50%

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm not disagreeing that some people are able to switch without using a guide, but there are also a lot of people who think that they're switching, but aren't actually switching. a lot of the new generations of tulpamancers are far more vulnerable to misinformation and ignorance because they are less likely to read important works and discussions of tulpamancers before them. I think that this shift can largely be traced back to the shift from tulpamancy being centralized on forums to tulpamancy being centralized on discord

-Me

This may be a bit controversial, but I think another factor in why switching and possession are much more common than imposition is that the former aren't something that has visible progress. When I was younger, there were several times I thought Mords and I switched, but in reality we hadn't- just did a very weak form of possession. But because there wasn't any way that we could confirm we did, there wasn't anything for stopping us from considering us able to switch at the time. 

With imposition, either you see it or you don't. Sure, someone can come on here and lie and say they can see their tulpa, but I think very, very few people have ever done that. There isn't a lot of room for misunderstanding or someone to mix-up definitions. 

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

I agree with both of you

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I strongly disagree. there is a lot of room between "unable to impose at all" and "freely able to preform synthetic positive imposition of the five senses at will" (which is the goal for most people). in the breloomancer school of imposition, I generally teach people to learn to impose new senses on at a time, and then further break down progress within an individual sense to three different stages, and progress through all three of the stages is gradual. imposition really shouldn't be thought of as a single skill, but as a bunch of skills that are built on each other

-Me

Yeah, but would you call someone "not actually doing imposition that thinks they are" during any of those stages?

Usually we don't differentiate between very early grasps of a skill and mastery of it, as an anti-gatekeeping/discouraging sort of thing

not in any of those stages, no. people should be able to understand what exactly they are doing, and what it will eventually be possible for them to do. however, I do think that there are some people who can't do imposition but who think they can, and it gets even worse when people start throwing around the term "prophantasia"

-Me