[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I just missed lucilyn poop. goodnight lucilyn 

I am back from work. ai art does concern me. I feel it will replace a lot of commission opportunities. an artist can't really easily live off commission already but now it will be worse. I think having a particularl style and getting people to like your niche can follow you on Patreon. depends how much AI art steals though. imagine asking it to make a drawing in an artist's style and watch it actually make it from all the information it was fed from the artist. . 

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this sucks monkey testicles. I get off work at 10:30 but it takes me an hour to get home and settled in then more time to sleep. I get to not get up at 6 to do stuff like draw before intensive outpatient thingy. weekend coming up though. need to use the precious time it gives.

4I wonder what PACE will offer me... I'll feel bad to quit this job because people there encourage me and says with time I'll get better. really big shrugging moment to have them watch me disappear. 

if the job pays more than this one do I just give middle finger to Gabe's and go to the higher paying one? I guess there is no choice. hmm 

also this job is hard and I'm very slow into the point other people do bits of my job for me because I take too long. one coworker noticed u had the 1000 yard stare. I really do. it is thereotically super stressful but I just dissociate heavily. I make dumb mistakes though or my brain will take like 30 seconds to realize what box I'm holding. also  useless for too heavy boxes. today was slow and fast .. I didn't check time with phone as much and if you dissociate good enough you just kind of do the work and your lunch comes then your break comes. then you get to leave. mhm

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

lol called it, the local artist was the one that said she doesn't like ai art 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

lol. well I actually think it makes some cool looking stuff, but in long run I am a bit concerned. well see how it goes. my friend predicted this stuff before it happened and said in🔟years well all be replaced 

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I don't know, I don't think something that has been with humans since before we had civilizations can ever be fully replaced. Also, we humans are sentimental creatures. We'll keep things around that are a little inefficient just because we're used to them or like them. I don't know if anyone here would appreciate a sportsball example 😄, but in baseball  it's been possible to do away with umpires for several years by now, but they still keep them around because of tradition, and probably also politics 😄.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

I don't think drawing would be gone completely but I think s lot of people who would have choice between paying for commission or getting it free with AI will choose the AI

I keep going back and forth with choosing to to leave my job

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

it's also funny how artists are the only people that I've really seen worrying that ai art will lead to them losing their jobs. most non artists(myself included), which, mind you, but be the primary customers of commissioners, will go on record and say that we don't think ai art will replace human artists lol. it's all in their head <3 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Time is a jerk sometimes! 😄

I think that even if AI art gets really advanced the AI is going to continue to have a hard time understanding exactly what a human requester wants from it. The subtleties of human-to-human communication are necessary to communicate really abstract artistic ideas, and that is still far beyond AI's ability to understand and may remain so forever.

In short, yeah, I agree with Ice, AI will not replace human artists. 😁

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!