[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

10 hours ago, Miri said:

Came back from drawing class and learned that I know nothing about shading (I make it up as the drawing progresses)

I almost think I can teach you but I kind of suck at shading myself even though I know the logic behind it. break everything down into planes, and the planes that are facing towards the light are brighter, and the planes that are turning away from the light are darker. there are form shadows which would have soft edges because the plane is slowly turning away. then there are drop shadows which is when something is blocking light and it creates a shadow with a hard edge. 

also I think it may be better to color with the darkest colors and then drop light into the drawing, instead of shading which is placing shadows. shadows aren't a thing they are a lack of a thing so it makes more sense to paint light

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it concerns me luli because of how much I need to practice to get good at drawing. I don't want to get rusty, and I also don't want to stop moving forward. I wanted to buy a  drawing course that is on sale and the sale ends tonight but all my my oney got used up giving it to other people so I can't =[ 

idk if I will get better at using the little free time I have. I'm cursed with genes that make me require ridiculous sleep.

also I'm starting to get concerned myself of how clumsy I am. I really am such a derp at work and also idk I just suck dude I need to get my brain tested.

speaking of sucking I actually think I'm getting better and I feel I might actually stack boxes better than the average worker because apparently a lot of people here suck and stack horribly and I've seen it. freaking they will make Jenga tower like the ones towards the end of a game where everything is barely holding on. I also am just invested and usually move really fast getting job done as hard as possible, except today where I had no energy because starving

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

TB I'll give you this based on my own experiences:

There have been periods of my life where I've been very busy. There have been periods of my life where I've done little to nothing at all. And I can tell you this: every time I've transitioned between low activity and high activity it was hard for a little while. Your body and mind adapt to the conditions of less activity and, less decision-making, and then suddenly you're being asked to be more active and make a lot more micro-decisions throughout your day. It can be exhausting. But there is good news: Adaptation happens faster than you think. Usually only takes a couple weeks to a month. And yes, I had similar fears of losing my free time during those transition times. But you know what ends happening? You realize that out of that vast ocean of free time you had during the low-activity period, only a small portion of it was being used for anything of value. Once you are busy again, you may lose a lot of free time but the majority of it is the time you spent on value-less activities. You'll realize quickly that while the quantity of your free time has diminished, the quality has actually increased, because the high-value activities you had been doing have been compressed into a smaller time window. It's like eating a rich stew rather than a watery soup.

The tl;dr of it is that your mind and body adapts. Hang in there, you'll make it.

Also, sleeping 12 hours a day? That's not healthy, that has to be drug and/or depression related. I may sleep 12 hours once in a while if I need to catch up on sleep, but as a regular nightly thing that's no good. A healthy 8 hours is optimal for the majority of people, aim for that.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

1 hour ago, Breloomancer said:

does layy ignore you?

no? 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

idk when I went to school I would sleep 8bhours but I was always tired. I only feel refreshed after 10 or 12, back when I didn't have medicine either. idk what is wrong with me. I think some people are just unlucky to have genes that require more sleep. idk if it is that or not

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

d

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

but yeah the rich stew thing is what I was hoping would happen but so far it's been the opposite. I hope it changes like you said. I really am stumped about sleep though

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

huh

100% second everything Phil just said, especially about the losing free time thing

like yes you lose time having a job and responsibilities, but also it helps you realize how much time you were just wasting every day before and usually you can do more than you think with less time

12 hours of sleep a day is too much for all humans period

our body seems to prefer 9 hours to 8 hours, but also we stay up ~16.5 hours instead of 16 on a lot of days

10 or more is too much for every day though, limit yourself to 9 hours unless you're making up for lost sleep in the last few days (and it should only take 1-2 days to make up as much missing sleep as you'll be capable of)

if you are never rested after 8.5-9 hours a day consistently, you may have sleep apnea of some kind and should get that diagnosed & then get a CPAP machine/mask to make sure you breathe right, which from our brother's experience, increases quality of life immensely

Edited by Lucilyn
added "of sleep"

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Sleep apnea, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. My dad used to have sleep apnea and by his 40s it was getting to the point where it was dangerous: nodding off while driving and stuff like that. So he got a CPAP machine and used it for a few years until he eventually had surgery to fix the problem in a more permanent way. Not saying you definitely have sleep apnea TB, but having a sleep study done might be a good idea.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.