[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I edited my last post with more information. 

If there was confirmed an afterlife I would feel safe to think about this life more. 

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

humans, for the most part, need to believe in their illusions to be able to function. according to the theory of depressive realism, depressed people have a more accurate view of the world than healthy people do. the truth is important, but belief is also, to some extent, a means to an end

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I listened to a interview of a enlightened person and they said something about the vajra body. So for them they personally know the afterlife exists. They have had like 3 strokes 

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Believe it or not, I'm ok with the possibility that there is nothing after this.

I'm not greedy. Compared to most other animals I've lived much longer, I've walked away from three near deadly accidents (all bicycle vs car) by statistics alone I'm astronomically lucky to be where I am now. So isn't that enough? I lived, I've experienced love, even if someone only experienced love from a parent, even if it was just a few years, that's something.

It's enough. I'm tired. I've lived longer than people did in the wild. If I go to sleep and don't wake up one day that's ok.

It's all bonus time right now, double bonus even. So I don't need to live on. If I do I'm ready for anything pretty much.

6 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

humans, for the most part, need to believe in their illusions to be able to function. according to the theory of depressive realism, depressed people have a more accurate view of the world than healthy people do. the truth is important, but belief is also, to some extent, a means to an end

True; we're naturally gonna form delusions based on societal systems and social constructs

There's no true, objective way to see life, as it exists just as death does: subjectively

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

Pretty good question

Though I would assume it would be like taking parts out of a computer the same way the brain's parts shut down

Like if you take out a stick of RAM from a computer, that computer'll still be able to run, and the RAM will "go to Heaven," as you put it

(Or will it not? I'm not too experienced in working with computers)

I dunno, man, I think parts of the brain are just mediums for brain juices to interact with, and that they're only useful if they're connected to the main comingle

Edited by ringgggg

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

I could believe that the brain is getting a signal from a spiritual realm and from there thoughts and decisions are being made but the brain exists just so it can be like a computer to translate those astral thoughts and intentions to the material realm

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

You can believe whatever you want, but that's medieval-tier magical thinking. We know the brain can do what it does without input from a spiritual realm and there is no evidence of any magic leaking over into our world, which would violate the first law of thermodynamics: The total energy of a system always remains constant. Energy neither magically appears nor disappears.

If such happens the amount of energy must be extremely small beyond the detection limit of our sensors and therefore is highly unlikely to have any measurable impact on matter. The whole soul stuff is absurd. Who has a soul? Only humans because they were created in the image of god? All the domestic animals humanity has ever eaten? The bacteria swimming in the ocean since 4 billion years? They go to bacteria heaven when eaten?

And do you really want an afterlife where insane gods jugde your worldly deeds and then sentence you to eternal torment in hell? Be careful what you wish for, and be especially wary of any supernatural beings. If they exist, they're likely all crazy.

So nope, I'm with the Bear here.  All life is suffering and once is enough.