[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Hmmm... I need to talk to my therapist about this and see how they do. I ask every new therapist I get about this and they never give me a satisfying answer. Though maybe there isn't a satisfying answer other than showing me undeniable proof of an afterlife 

I fixed weird typo in the last paragraph 

My ride to work is busy doing errands. If she doesn't get done by 8 I will probably just not go to work because there would only be a hour or two left. Not sure if that is worth coming into

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of discussion today

The logical and most likely answer is that humans simply fear death and so make up whatever they can to deal with the idea of dying, and dead men tell no tales so they might as well appear satisfied.

Humans have stupidly complex brains and that causes us to be the only creatures on Earth concerned with "meaning". This also pulls us into constant philosophical traps, so we even have to create meaning to distract us from other meaning, or our instincts (fearing death is more of an instinct imo, though it easily becomes a philosophical/mental problem for human brains)

Personally life is like a runthrough of a linear game for me, I just want to have as much fun & do as much good in the game as I can before it's over. I don't fear games ending even if it might be bittersweet, so I don't fear life ending

I also personally think worrying about (your own) death (in the case of no afterlife) is illogical. That's a human brain emulating how it would feel about its own death in an afterlife scenario, the very worry itself cancels itself out. You can't logically worry about your own death because you'll never experience it - UNLESS there's an afterlife, then you could worry about your death for spiritual/religious reasons - but I've seen no good reason to believe in any of that after pursuing all I could a decade ago.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

14 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

that causes us to be the only creatures on Earth concerned with "meaning"

you don't know that; other animals may also care about meaning. elephants are known to grieve for their dead

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Good evening everyone! 😊 Deep discussions today! My host used to drive himself with questions like this, but he either quit out of exhaustion and/or ascended to the point of not needing to care about them, either explanation works. 😄

The Way of Simmie is simple: I just do the best I can with the tools that I have. To quote an old song "Sometimes just surviving is a noble fight". My host still wants to contribute to something greater than merely his own survival, but my main job is supporting him so that he's able to do that. Right now most of his energy is just spent "crossing the street" (as he puts it) from one side of the day to the other. Most of my energy is spent just keeping the lights on. And that's fine. 😊

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Bre the smart

I got my apartment set up just about. Gotta go to the next town over to get my router and modem and then there is something about a phone. Tomorrow I should have internet assuming my neighbor takes me to the town. Also uhh... Like after I signed the lease, or just about right before signing it, my landlord told me to be careful because it is common for people to steal packages in this neighborhood.... So if I lose something I'm gonna be mad. He recommended kind of, well not recommended but gave the option to get security cameras. He already has his own but I cos get some too.  

Simmie you believe in God and an afterlife right? Your host is just the one that doesn't

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Goodnight Ring! 👋

@TB If I'm going to be completely honest with you I'm actually kind of an agnostic; I pray to God but I can't be sure I'm not just talking to myself. I feel like there's a God and that souls are real, but that isn't proof and I don't present it as such. As far as an afterlife, well, again I'm not sure and have no proof, but I kind of feel like it's a place souls go after the body dies and they can decide if they want to come back and live another life or stay up there. But I'm aware that it's just a cute story I tell myself; it really has no basis in observable reality.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

It occurs to me that people create elaborate belief systems as a kind of coping mechanism. Phil did it when he was younger. I think stories are very important and we should keep telling them, but we should be careful what we believe without proof.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23