• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For one thing, it's pure fantasy. And also, if you believed that, that would be incentive to just get to this imagined "afterlife" quicker. And that's no good.

Also, memories are literally a function of our physical brains. They're an electrical and chemical phenomenon.

If you want your memories to persist after you die, what you need to do is translate them into a form that exists independently of your brain-matter. In other words: Create! 😁 Draw, write, make music, whatever you like to do. (I know you specifically draw but other people reading this might have different creative outlets) In a very real sense you live well beyond your death by the art that you create as well as the memories you create in other people's minds.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Oh wow another talk about hoping for an afterlife to exist, I don't know if I can read it all without getting sad lol

Good morning

It's fine. Usually it's hard to help people who desperately want to believe in an afterlife. Myself included

I guess it's kind of hard to understand it because neither Phil nor I have ever been in that headspace.

Phil does deal with nihilism though, but for other reasons. One of my main jobs is to keep him from being nihilistic.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Yeah pretty much. People who don't really care about an afterlife can't seem to understand people who do

F, psychiatrist appointment was tomorrow, not today

Edited by Miri

Wanting to believe in an afterlife is equivalent to escapism to me, it's just inability to cope with life (and/or death) either way, and that can always be solved more healthily by working on yourself

- Well, obsessing over there being an afterlife. Considering it the case casually is just a random belief that doesn't hurt anything on its own

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.