[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I mean, an afterlife where you can choose to reincarnate and whatnot sounds more fun to me than just plain death, though I don't know how I'd feel about the ramifications of any metaphysical concepts being real. That said, we still don't (and presumably could never) have an explanation for how this universe got here in the first place, so even if every idea any human has ever had about anything supernatural, metaphysical, or otherwise religious was wrong, there's still room for... something.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like that is way more useful than 'no there's no afterlife -something about how you should appreciate life the way it is etc-'

How? 

Whenever someone is told it's impossible to know something, they sure like to immediately start thinking like they'll be the ones to figure it out lol

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Not really, but instead of a firm no, you just can't know so that leaves room for wishful thinking ig

It definitely gives you that spark of hope until you realize it isn't gonna happen. But for the afterlife you'll be either enjoying it or dead

I think it's safe to say humans can't conceive of what force created the universe. And that's not really an excuse to believe in a bunch of trivial fantasy more than you otherwise would've

5 hours ago, Miri said:

People who don't really care about an afterlife can't seem to understand people who do

Yesh. I have two beliefs that are seemingly paradoxical. However when I'm in one mood I don't care about an afterlife and in another mood I feel comfort that I truly believe there must be one. They exist in harmony. My strength comes from the latter. People who strictly follow a materialist mindset and then struggle with depression have no ground to stand on. I don't find them credible.

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Wanting to believe in an afterlife is equivalent to escapism to me, it's just inability to cope with life (and/or death) either way, and that can always be solved more healthily by working on yourself

Ouch dude, ouch. Prime example. Not that Lumi can help it, sometimes beliefs are rooted strongly and either I didn't ever have such strong beliefs or it was that one time I didn't exist that uprooted all that nonsense. 

I call it nonsense because materialist mindset will always throw out outliers and presume anyone looking at them are stupid. They often have a real animosity for those who look between the lines.

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

that can always be solved more healthily by working on yourself

How's that working out for you? Sorry but it seems like your progress in this isn't convincing. I'm not trying to be mean but this conversation feels slightly like bullying based on everything. It feels like it.

2 hours ago, Miri said:

Imagine being happy with your current life and still wanting an afterlife

It's normal.

I don't have to want one to feel good that I know one exists, then I also don't have to feel bad on the days I don't care. I really don't want for much in the last few years. I remember wanting things and I forget why I would feel bad if I didn't get them or couldn't. Especially since things like if there's an afterlife or not used to matter a lot to me and now that it's clear worrying about things that I have no possible way of confirming or disproving seems boring. I have much more entertaining thoughts to choose from and wonderful conversations with loving souls who genuinely care about now. They have a passion for life and living it to its fullest, I look up to them. (My headmates).