[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

28 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I think it's safe to say humans can't conceive of what force created the universe. And that's not really an excuse to believe in a bunch of trivial fantasy more than you otherwise would've

This is utterly mean. Think about that. I won't be reading your bullshit excuses why you think it's not.

27 minutes ago, Miri said:

I'll do it anyway

Good for you... for real... fuck. You're stronger than you play like on here. This conversation is like watching someone who's hurt walking through a gauntlet.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tripple posted because I can't quote from separate selections on different pages. So combine them if you want they're all the same statement.

I flip flop (I got this from Bre) between 'I'm god' and 'i need help' so quickly it is funny lol

Don't know why I added "more than you would've otherwise" if you were just going to respond like that anyways

Sometimes I wonder what you guys would think if we actually talked like you sometimes say we do. Half of you probably wouldn't have stuck around, I guess

It's a very good thing I didn't find the forum for 4 years, I was so much more intolerable by comparison I can't even take Bear's criticisms seriously, since this is already me being 80% more considerate than I was. I make the concessions, even if they're not conveyed well it's up to you to make the connections or to choose to be offended, I guess. In that instance, I was saying not to use my "We still don't know how the universe got here, so that leaves room for something" as an excuse to reinforce unrelated beliefs about the afterlife and such. There's literally a universe of possibilities between those two concepts, so it wouldn't be fair

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, I can't really "act" in a way like that. It would just be being harsh and not sugarcoating anything I say, I guess. With 

4 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Wanting to believe in an afterlife is equivalent to escapism to me, it's just inability to cope with life (and/or death) either way, and that can always be solved more healthily by working on yourself

- Well, obsessing over there being an afterlife. Considering it the case casually is just a random belief that doesn't hurt anything on its own

being like the 20% I still let through, though I edited the second part after realizing I didn't account for people who casually believe in an afterlife but don't obsess over or completely rely on that belief to live contently.

However, it's not so simple and "fun" as "omg, what would he say uncensored?" - I don't make an effort to be understanding and say things more nicely than I would've out of societal expectations or something. I do so because it's more conducive to helping people, which is my goal transcending whatever I or anyone else says. Both the (more minor, in my opinion) effect of not adding negativity to how someone's feeling by sounding harsh. and the (very important) effect of people being less receptive to "advice" when it's phrased more like, say, an insult, lol, resulting in you not actually having helped them at all. Also (probably the biggest thing for me personally?) that not everyone even learns best from pure logic, there's often a much more human aspect to it. I'm the kind of person who would thrive in a world where everyone just dryly (at times considered "cruelly") said what they thought with no regard for sounding harsh or whatnot, which you could say in fewer words as "I'm not very emotional". I know most people are though, so I've done my best to try and account for that over the years, though I guess I'd say sometimes I'm just in a mood to say things seriously without so much softening. It's my natural state more or less, so..

Anyways, TL;DR my attempting to be more considerate of feelings when giving advice and such is because it's literally just better for helping people, not because of societal pressure to "censor myself" or something

Also, I'm back to working on my self pretty intently again for basically the first time in 7 years or so, in that self-help way I talk about having used to do, for thought pattern modification and all. I've just been too lazy/"""okay""" with where I've been at since around that time to be motivated to keep trying to improve, but all my pointless mental gymnastics and running around finally led me back here. Overwriting the three main aspects/thought patterns of my motivation issues is my primary goal, but changing how I interact with people to better avoid friction (and long pointless debates) and to put more tact into shorter meaningful statements/messages is something I have in mind as well. I don't have any good plan of attack for that yet by comparison though, it's just something I want to learn to be more aware about doing in the moment

Anyways it's 7AM and I'm going to sleep, I don't know how long I've been up but it's definitely too long

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

4 hours ago, Miri said:

Imagine being happy with your current life and still wanting an afterlife

This. I want this. Believing in my specific afterlife doesn't. Necessarily make me want to get to it faster (unless I'm morbidly depressed), it just makes me want to have the best memories of this life I can possibly have. Whether or not there is an afterlife, this life on earth is the only one we have( unless you believe in reincarnation back into a new body), so I want to do the best I can with it. For some reason people who don't believe in the afterlife feel the opposite,that an afterlife makes this life worthless for some reason and no afterlife makes this life more valuable have the polar opposite belief. 

Living on through my drawings is meh. I want to think I like thinking.  

In the Theravada Buddhism they believe in 1st, 2nd, 3rs, and 4th path. The 3rs path you lose the attachment for existing. So I guess that is the only way to solve this I guess, but it isn't a satisfying way to solve it because proof of there being an afterlife is better

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko