[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Well, if I look at it like a game as I tend to, there being an afterlife with reincarnation is like getting to play other games after this one. That's why I said it does sound more fun (although I would be worried about the massive ramifications such concepts would bring...), but even assuming I only get to play the one game, I'm not less inclined to enjoy it than if I could play as many as I want. Honestly in that metaphor, wouldn't someone normally feel inclined to enjoy it more because there won't be more? Well, that's probably what a healthy brain thinks. And my weird brain says "I wouldn't really care to change how I was going to live based on that" lol, a game's a game to me I guess.

If I thought your coping with life by wanting an afterlife was completely illogical or something I would rail on you way more for it, for the record. It's just one of a ton of ways of coping with death that humans tend to need to do. People who wanted "to die honorably", people who want to live on through their art or in the memories of others or in their contributions to the world and so on are all just finding different ways of achieving the same peace of mind about death. 

I'm at peace of death, except how I got here isn't any one simple way of thinking I can teach or anything. Just years and years of philosophizing and working on my worldview. At this point (and since ~8 years ago) I feel pretty capable of controlling my interpretation of life/my mindset and doing whatever I see best with it. When I'm not too lazy... Doing that conscious-focus thing literally all the time would probably give the best life results for me, though at the very least it makes entertainment less fun while maintaining it, but every other time it would probably be optimal. So that's the last aspect about myself I really want to control, my not doing what I know is best at all times because of various aspects of motivation issues (which I think I've pinned down each of now, at least). Once I've got that down too I'll consider myself just actually enlightened, even if it doesn't magically make me start speaking sage wisdom like the Buddha and I still suck at expressing myself in words, lol.

Words are overrated for expressing yourself anyway. You ever seen a master of their craft at work? That speaks directly to people's souls, assuming their soul-ears are open to listen. That's how I'd like to express myself the most.

This video alone got me through so many mornings where I was incapable of any thoughts that weren't begging for things not to be the way they were, ten years ago. (Had this on my iPod lol)
At times it did more work for me than words ever did.

I adore the lyrics, but TSC himself doesn't start speaking loud and clear until 1:10.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your upbringing and environment, DNA to probably a lesser extent

I went through some pretty similar inner turmoil too, and I still ended up fine eventually after a lot of hard work. Well, my tulpas helped me immensely too, I wonder how much that doesn't count as work I did? 

You'd be surprised how much someone can grow and change over the years, don't count yourself out yet

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I feel like having your views would be joining the dark side 

On other news I have one a day vitamins again

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

My mother talked to my teacher through the phone to tell her why I didn't attend class today (and tomorrow). I feel extra guilty and crappy and like punching myself really hard (i won't though)

Aren't your reasons fine? Or did you just mean for missing an extra day on accident

Been up for 19 hours I think, actually sleeping time now

Edited by Luminesce

No I mean like 'what if I get worse and have to drop out again?' because it is looking that way and it makes me feel so guilty

Sleep well