[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Y'know, I think I talked about playing Stray before in the past and I want to do a ramble on how the game sets up their environments so darn well

Spoiler alert for the seven people who want to still play the game

Spoiler

It's so crazy how in the game you go through the plot seeing nothing but this:

Midtown Walkthrough (Hints and Solutions) - Stray - EIP Gaming

It's like every ounce of dirt and grime and mess here has some sort of purpose, like how the denizens had learned to make use of what the city had. It's homey in a way I don't think I would have imagined it to be

Those robots were, originally, just robots, but after they started to mimic the behavior of humans I think the imprint on the world around them had made itself so prevalent to the point one could call it an entire culture

When you're at the end and you get to the topmost part of the city, though, it hits you with a wall of this:

image.thumb.png.90a9037b64bd1384d46c34258d4e77c1.png

Every little thing you had been used to seeing at that point was thrown out of the window. The ending environment seems so alien and out-of-place

Untouched by society. The robots in the background were never self-aware and had been doing the same thing the humans intended them to for centuries

I wanted to ramble on about the contrast of looks and character. This environment reflects the cleanliness and sterility of a perfect world, yet it's barren and void of any life whatsoever. The city below sacrificed looks for character

Maybe I just want to show off how good this game looks

I want more time to dwell on this it's a sorry excuse of a ramble

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe

• Replies 152.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

d

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Woke up, overheard a conversation between my aunt and my mother. My aunt was talking trash about me and destroying all dreams I might've had. Always has been like that, does she even love me or what?She probably thinks of me as disabled or some shit, god I'm so angry right now

:/

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

yeah