[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Getting good at googling things is a skill, and an important one

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(I was going to edit my last post because I wanted to add more but was in a call at the time, but it took so long to write I'm just going to post it separately now)

Getting good at googling/search engines generally entails knowing different ways of phrasing how to get the information that you want. Knowing what ways to ask questions (or even just searching words you'd expect a page you're looking for to have, rather than asking a question) helps narrow down the results to what you actually want. I occasionally rephrase a search entirely after the first one to try and get better results

Could be a simple switch of phrasing to find different places/instances of talking about the same topic, like "tips for moving into your first house" vs "first thing to do when..." vs "what should I do when..."

Could be a different way of looking at the question entirely, like "Things you need to know when moving into your first house" vs "Most useful home appliances"/"How to deal with X Y Z" (going over multiple different types of ways to ask the same general question and reading the results for all can be really helpful, compared to locking yourself to just that first search)

And sometimes search operators are useful, for specific searches. A massive one is simply minus, like "baking apples -pie" which causes any results that would've mentioned "pie" to be excluded. I can't think of good examples right now, but there are definitely times where I have to do like "nameofanimal -car -truck" to get more image results about an animal and not a brand of vehicles or something.

Second, narrowing by site can be super useful, though you need to have a site in mind for this to be relevant. "download game roms site:reddit.com" for example, which also works as a minus "best somethingorother -siteyouhate.com"

As of the last couple years I've been adding "site:reddit.com" to the end of my searches for countless questions, despite not being a redditor in the slightest. Reddit is an amazing public forum for all sorts of random topics, and users can often give more cutting advice or answers than something like the Microsoft help forum, so it's really indispensable. I still do not casually browse Reddit in any way shape or form because I dislike the format for communities, but for google searches it hardly ever lets me down (whether I'm looking into questions about a video game, or cost-effective food to buy IRL or something lol)

But yeah it just comes from trying different things for the same searches and figuring out what works best. Google has tried its best to optimize search results no matter how you phrase them over the last 15 years or so, but it still helps to know how to look for what you're looking for

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Me

Now that I have your location you can expect me to be there within hours to take you out for good

btw is that a leaning fountain? neat

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko