[Game] Last one to post wins!

You know, there are quite a few people in this world whose job it is to view reported/flagged content and decide to delete it, or report it to the authorities. There are jobs where all of the worst possible things anyone could ever see are funneled straight to one computer screen. Not just once or for one day, but as a job

Worth a prayer for those poor souls. You'd never guess there were jobs that guarantee you free PTSD.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 107.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• Bear

• Srn347

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning!

56 minutes ago, Flandre said:

You know, there are quite a few people in this world whose job it is to view reported/flagged content and decide to delete it, or report it to the authorities. There are jobs where all of the worst possible things anyone could ever see are funneled straight to one computer screen. Not just once or for one day, but as a job

Worth a prayer for those poor souls. You'd never guess there were jobs that guarantee you free PTSD.

Hopefully those people get paid well, cause that sounds like a really terrible job.

I'm Adagio, a tulpa! I'm part of a very big system. There's three of us using this account right now.

Blue text is a headmate called TGS (their initials). They are currently dormant.

Green text is headmate named Tiki.

[Progress Report]

I was stuck working on my conlang, so I took a break for long enough to forget why I was stuck, and now that I have returned I once again remember, and oh god it all seems so impossible. if I went back in time and showed it to the scientists at NASA working on getting the first person on the moon, they would say "I'm glad I don't have your job"

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Well yeah, they had a pretty sweet job getting the first person on the moon.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

3 hours ago, Flandre said:

It's like getting paid to browse chans all day every day.

Funnily enough, we consider the scummier parts of 4chan to have a similar (lesser) effect of making people cynical and less empathetic individuals, though I will not compare it to how actually traumatizing moderating content on a site like Facebook is.

Whatever the scenario, the human mind doesn't deal well with witnessing many terrible things over a long period of time. The normies get PTSD and the, uh, not-normies get cynical and generally unpleasant to be around.

would you actually get PTSD from it? it's not really that dangerous or anything. you might get nightmares in the beginning or something, but after a while you'd probably get desensitized to it. I don't think that "normies" and "non normies" mind's work in fundamentally different ways

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

17 minutes ago, Flandre said:

The normies get PTSD and the, uh, not-normies get cynical and generally unpleasant to be around.

I dunno, am I? I hope not. According to tupper I'm way too nice and overly compassionate.

Surely browsing chans way worse than nowadays 4chan for more than 15 years has left its marks. I have seen  -  unspeakable things but I'm really good in differentiating between the on- and offline world. Therefore please excuse me for my lack of sympathy for people being 'offended' by stuff on the internet.

So I guess I'd be ideally suited for such reviewing job but I do not support 'social media'.

2 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I don't think that "normies" and "non normies" mind's work in fundamentally different ways

Like all poisons it's dependent on the dose. If you throw a normie into the depths of the darkest places of the internet they will likely show an extreme defense reaction and may get traumatized. Gradual desensitization to things you find utterly revolting however works, it's an efficient way for treating phobias - like exposing an arachnophobist to extremely abstract motionless spiders first and gradually making them more and more lifelike.

But generally you're right. Many people are resilient enough to get used to almost anything. Otherwise we'd have long gone extinct considering how unbelievable cruel and violent life was for most of human history. But there are some who just break. After all humans are different. They don't all respond similarly to threats or challenges.

Human trauma/empathy is an interesting concept. Is empathy learned or innate? How much is nature/nurture? People today throw up and get traumatized from watching someone die but even in the Renaissance there were the equivalent of tailgate parties to watch executions. Which is the human default? Is there a default? Could someone from say 500 BC be "civilized" to our modern morals? Would one of us going back in time "go native?"

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]