[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Stories of League's toxicity have been...greatly exaggerated (and cherry-picked). And if you think that game has extremely unhappy and toxic players, you must not have dealt with the community of literally any Blizzard game ever (compared to those people, League players are saints). That said, MOBAs (or any form of team game) if played with randos rather than premade teams, will quickly remind you how low the average person's intelligence is. You are certainly right about one thing though: it is indeed possible for 1 person to carry quite hard. They invented the term pentakill for a reason.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ This. Bizzard games' communities are notoriously toxic. 

unrelated, 

so like, I want cheese, right? but downstairs, in the living room next to the kitchen, there's a family friend who's staying with us for the night, sleeping on the couch Would it be silly if I dashed downstairs, collected a cutting board, knife, paper towel, and block of cheese, brought it all up back to my room, and prepared it here? Or should I just pass on the cheese?

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Depends, how audible is the sound of a knife hitting the cutting board upstairs to someone who's downstairs?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Trease: We do a little trolling. From the dead, I arise! We've completed this great heist! 

Drop the theatrics. 

Trease: Right, sorry. I co-fronted as we went and got the things. It shouldn't be too loud, Bryan's got good technique. Now, alas, I shall once again return to the shadows, where I will lurk until we have to return the cheese, knife, and cutting board. It was surprisingly easy. 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

I'm convinced League players have just forgotten that getting upset isn't a necessary part of any game, nor is general stress, there are games where you actually just go in and have fun (like Deep Rock Galactic)

And yes, that includes very tense situations where everything is going wrong and you need to perform at your best to have a chance to make it out.

But also I didn't realize everyone here played LoL - no wonder it's one of the most played games, just no one talks about it - I was kind of directing that at TB since LoL is a terrible game for someone who has issues with anger and depression

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

In my experience, as cliché as it sounds, fighting toxicity with kindness works awfully well. 

That is true though, games don't require stress or getting upset in any way. Occasionally someone uses "you can't have the highs without the lows" as an excuse to justify a negative aspect of a game instead of fixing it. I'm not convinced, to say the least. There's lots of games that are consistently fun, so basically saying "you have to sometimes not have any fun to other times have a lot of fun" is an outright falsehood.

mmhm

A game like Deep Rock manages to create the same tenseness and challenge that some people find fun about PvP games, but without a tenth of the actual anger/stress that often comes from them.

I've played like, every type of game on the planet, including League of Legends, so I know what I'm talking about. Some people may only feel satisfied by actual PvP games with clear winners and losers, but I see those situations as a zero-sum game as far as happiness and fulfillment goes, so I don't support playing them if it can be helped

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lumi, you've clearly got a bias against league and a bias for deep rock or whatever, do henceforth, I'm taking your word with a grain of salt. 

kidding, obviously. In all seriousness, I don't think league is that tilting, and I'm not immune to tilt. Get me to play splatoon or smash against a better player and I will want to bash my controller into the eye sockets of everyone in the vicinity out of sheer tilt. I think the right thing to do if you don't want to deal with toxic teammates is just /mute all lmao