• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'll be a long time before we're proficient enough at making things in Blender to feel comfortable streaming them to random people, but to just our friends there's really no expectations

Also, Ukinojoe (hababa dog of wisdom guy) streams Blender every long once in a while working on a new animation, and despite his 1.1million subscribers, as of yesterday he drew about 25 consistent viewers lol

So I'm not sure people really want to watch the process for entertainment (unless they're your friends), I think only people at a skill level where your content is actually insightful have much interest

(Though there's also just chill art streams that are more focused on chatting with the drawing just as visual filler/bonus I guess)

Edited by Flandre

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

good morning

the world is pretty unfair. sometimes the effort that you put in just doesn't give the results you want. I used to play competitive pokemon against someone, and they spent a lot more time practicing than I did, but I was still better than them

[the opinions of nagito komaeda do not reflect the opinions of the author of this post]

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

The "hope and despair" theming tells me that's probably Danganronpa?

Well anyways, it was all nonsense. Humans aren't penguins or dogs. If you said "No matter how hard they tried, a human could never fly", you'd be wrong, after all.

Being born into good circumstances (wealth, country, education possibilities) has a massive effect on the average outcome of someone's life, but it's not impossible for them to overcome those things if they really try. Though in certain drastic circumstances it is very unlikely

Anyways, even worse, that Danganronpa character is talking about people in basically totally equal standing. Japan hardly varies in equality among its people compared to many other places. I wouldn't take anything he said to heart, and if you have time and ability to be reading this forum, it's unlikely your potential is capped in any meaningful way compared to the average person in your country

being born into wealth remains an incredibly massive advantage though

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

you don't know nagito komaeda, the most well known character from danganronpa? I thought that you were watching the game grumps lets play?

what nagito is talking about isn't the circumstances of ones birth in terms of socioeconomic standards, but in terms of ones genetics and prenatal conditions that cause them to have inherent traits. I don't think that he is denying that being given the right opportunities helps, but his point is that no matter the opportunities given, if you don't have some inherent special trait of specialness, you aren't going to change the world; there have been millions of physicists, but only 1 einstein

I don't entirely disagree with his point, but it really depends on what you're talking about. you don't really earn being human; it's just something you're born with. and even the smartest rock has never moved of it's own volition, and even the smartest dog has never done calculus. but if you limit the conversation down to just variation within the human species, innate traits become much less of a factor, though you still cannot discount them. IQ can be increased by education, but there is still a major genetic factor. if your growth plates aren't fused, you can alter how your bones will end up by changing the hormones in your body, but if you wait too long and they fuse, there is currently no known way to make them start growing again. if you are too short, you can wear high heels or platform shoes or stilts, but you can't make your bones longer; if you are too tall, the only ways to make your skeleton shorter are guaranteed to leave you disabled to some degree. and regardless of if your growth plates are fused, there is no tested way for a human to grow wings. however, while there has only been 1 einstein, you mustn't discount everyone who wasn't einstien; einstein would never have been able to make his accomplishments if there weren't other people to support him; he didn't make the home in which he lived, or the food he ate, and if he had nobody to take care of him when he was young, he would have died. einstein's achievements are his own, but they are also humanity's achievements too

-Me

33 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

you don't know nagito komaeda, the most well known character from danganronpa? I thought that you were watching the game grumps lets play?

We've only seen Danganronpa 1 so far. We usually wait for finite series to be finished before watching them, plus we've been watching a lot of other stuff recently so we're not caught up on Game Grumps

33 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

what nagito is talking about isn't the circumstances of ones birth in terms of socioeconomic standards, but in terms of ones genetics and prenatal conditions that cause them to have inherent traits. 

Exactly, complete nonsense. The only fair point is in socioeconomic and educational opportunities. The rest is worthless, misleading garbage. That character exists in a universe where people have incredibly exaggerated extreme traits and skills, but in real life (if not occasionally Danganronpa) most of those individuals would've had to work very hard to get to where they are. Where Danganronpa has some kid who was magically amazing at baseball, real life has those same people who have spent thousands and thousands of hours practicing and training to get to where they are. You might be mistaking some kind of natural DNA-based concept for the luck of happening to hit all the right points in life, from personality (interest and motivation, which to an extent is DNA) to how they were raised to their education and of course socioeconomic opportunities.

Our friend recently linked a study that showed cognitive ability only accounted for about 17% of variability in academic performance.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/353276690_The_Big_Five_Personality_Traits_and_Academic_Performance_A_Meta-Analysis

Also from him in the past,

https://labs.la.utexas.edu/tucker-drob/files/2019/08/Ritchie-Tucker-Drob-2018-Psych-Science-How-Much-Does-Education-Improve-Intelligence.pdf

very simplified TL;DR: +1 year of education = +1-5 IQ points

the premise is somewhat old news, but posting anyway

and off the top of my head, other studies in the past have proposed lifetime gains of 20-30 IQ points when measuring the difference between pre-education and post-education

and yet the belief that intelligence is inherently innate and static and that you can’t purposefully change it is a very common belief still

but you can absolutely choose to increase it by 1-2+ standard deviations

Edited by Flandre

Well there are also savants and people with eidetic memory or who can draw really complicated scenery after seeing it only once etc

In the future when we can manipulate genes, maybe everyone born will have all the savant abilities at the same time

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

big 5 traits =! cognitive ability. big 5 is supposed to measure personality, and even then it's only ok. the big 5 traits come from linguistic analysis, which makes it biased towards what people talk about, which is also cultural bias to some extent, and it is made redundant by the existence of the HEXACO personality inventory. the only reason why people still use big 5 is because everyone else uses it, so there is more data for it and studies involving it than with HEXACO

actually looking at the study though, it says about what I would expect; intelligence is important, and conscientiousness is second most important. cognitive ability and big 5 together account for 27.8% of the variance in academic performance, which is very good when you take into account the inherent unreliability of the big 5 and the measures of cognitive ability that they use. though really, all of that is sort of irrelevant to what nagito was saying. a better test would be something like "has there ever been an olympic level runner who was missing their legs", and as it turns out, yes there has been

-Me