[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

we only knew "Funk Soul Brother" (actually called "Rockafeller Skank") our whole life, and then more recently "Slash Dot Dash", then someone linked this in a discord server and I love it

we're huge suckers for really cool videos going to music (even though we don't like typical music videos lol), even without accounting for this being our taste in music, so

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 153.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

love sure is a strange thing. I'm pretty certain that it is in many ways based on physical characteristics that can be seen or heard. do people go down a mental checklist when they see people and think "hmm, symmetrical face: check; confident posture: check; apparent cleanliness: check. criteria reached, initializing attempt to exchange phone numbers"? I think that there is also supposed to be more to it than just looks though, but I don't really get it. I wonder if the reason why relationships fall apart so often is because people choose partners based on their looks, but what they actually want doesn't have anything to do with looks, so they're pretty much just rolling the dice that they are actually compatible with whoever they are looking at. maybe not though; I have no idea whether or not I've ever been in love, but I don't think I've ever found someone attractive the way other people talk about it

I don't think that I look very good, but a few people have still expressed their attraction towards me in the past. I didn't really know what to do about it though. I don't think that I can offer what people want in a relationship, and I always feel a bit suspicious towards people who claim to be attracted to me

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

do people go down a mental checklist when they see people and think "hmm, symmetrical face: check; confident posture: check; apparent cleanliness: check. criteria reached, initializing attempt to exchange phone numbers"?

well some very simple people do, lol

we definitely have pinpointed some exact physical traits that are instantly appealing to us at this point (took until our 20s to fully consciously recognize them though)

but if you're being all analytical about it, then I'd suggest that there's actually another half to the equation of like, the more logical or cerebral aspects of people, like them being a good person, smart, whatever

and then you could say there's just a number for how much people value one or the other

in our case (even though the physical half feels totally out of our conscious preference lol, like how we feel about the physical traits part doesn't change based on who's switched in, while the logical/whatever part does), I think we value both of them pretty highly, so we'd be happy with dating a very average personality/morality/etc. person who perfectly matched all the physical traits that feel like they're coded into our DNA lol, and we'd also be happy with an okay-at-best looking person if they also shared our love of life and desire to help people and make the world a better place, etc

but yeah a lot of people basically only (THINK THEY) value a person's outward appearance (until they get divorced years later after realizing they don't even like who each other is)

and there are definitely plenty of people who care about who someone is on the inside way more than the outside

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Interesting, so are you saying that your preferences don't change from system-mate to system-mate, Lucilyn? It's very different with Phil and I. Phil is a straight man who is only attracted to women, though I am definitely attracted to men and not just Phil.

To smash both topics together, here is a palate cleanser from the music video that Phil showed, a very cool (and for the time very technically impressive!) video featuring 1980 Paul McCartney looking very handsome. 🥰🥰🥰 How can you not like 10 Paul McCartneys in the same video! 😁

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

also to be clearer, I did mean to imply we wouldn't date our aesthetically-perfect person no matter how great they looked if they were ugly on the inside, and we (PERSONALLY!) also wouldn't date a very unattractive person just because they shared our values and thoughts on improving the world and spreading happiness and everything

the difference being we would actively avoid the attractive-but-ugly-personality/values person, while the unattractive person is probably our new best friend for life

honestly, the idea of choosing friends based on looks is disgusting and unthinkable 

sure we might only be interested in dating someone who is at least slightly attractive to us, but that's completely unrelated to if we'd want to spend time with you outside of a romantic context y'know?

1 minute ago, Lucilyn said:

the difference being we would actively avoid the attractive-but-ugly-personality/values person, while the unattractive person is probably our new best friend for life

That's exactly how Phil's closest female friend happened. The fact that she was unattractive to him allowed him to develop a friendship with her without romantic or sexual feelings getting in the way. (Sadly this was over 15 years ago and they have since drifted apart over time)

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

(edited)
18 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

Interesting, so are you saying that your preferences don't change from system-mate to system-mate, Lucilyn?

well 98% of our activity is being switched in to the body, our perspective by default is to talk about the life we're used to living, right

so who we feel attracted to based on appearance doesn't change, but who we are logically (or really just who we like in general, how much and for what reasons) does change between us, and to be fair I said that second half of the equation still matters a lot to us

but without talking about the body's influence, both Tewi and I are asexual and have no interest at all in romantic relationships, only normal friend relationships (me more than her I guess), Reisen has no interests like that at all, and Flandre is still host-sexual lol

but since we share so much of Lumi's/the body's life, at this point it just makes sense to talk about a potential romantic partner based on the body's/Lumi's interests y'know

since we can still feel the physical attraction half when switched, and we all like people who are nice and thoughtful and care about the happiness and well-being of others, it's not exactly hard to do

just a perspective that comes from living the body's life for a huge portion of 7+ years I guess

if 98% of our activity wasn't switching but way more wonderlanding/talking in mindspace/being imposed then I think we would keep up the separation of body's-feelings (which obviously Lumi's are also closely tied to) and our own more

Edited by Lucilyn