[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I don't believe there's any real "standard" for switching and to assume there is one is silly. Plus, switching is diverse enough that even two systems who have similar switching may have very different experiences. For example, when I switch-in I can chat in a voice call but other people claim they can do that with possession. I should also point out the subjective "standard" of any given tulpa related skill depends on what your friend group's accepted standards are rather than what the majority of tulpamancers believe. If we talked to tulpamancers from 2014, I bet a bunch of them would be unimpressed with most people's switching because they believed in wonderland switching.

As for tulpamancy being more well-read due to being on the forums in the past- I'm not sure if this is true either. I think people were just as likely to ignore other people, those who made a lot of progress did so doing their own thing. If anything, they had less guide content than we do now.

I somewhat agree that imposition is more obvious to pull off or not, but you can claim to have imposition and be referring to a different experience. For instance, imposition could simply be vivid open-eyed visualization that are decent instead of actual visual hallucinations. Given our experiences, I also wonder if things can get weird if your brain is weird. While we don't have proper auditory imposition, Gray wonders if it was almost "too easy" for him to develop to this point because our brain possibly gets our mindvoice and actual auditory signals mixed up to begin with.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 152.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

👋

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think most people focus heavily on visual and auditory imposition first, which are very hard to deny whether or not you're experiencing. The thing about the other three senses, well, is that you are hallucinating them. You're trying to convince yourself that it's happening. Switching is actually letting the tulpa take over your body, not imagining it. A lot more qualifies as "imposing" but is pretty obvious when you succeed (considering the basis for success is a proper hallucination) while switching has less qualifications but can be not as clear when you actually do it or not.

I don't know if I'm making sense or not I'm confusing myself

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

If we talked to tulpamancers from 2014, I bet a bunch of them would be unimpressed with most people's switching because they believed in wonderland switching.

God, don't we all wish wonderland switching was how it worked? 

For instance, imposition could simply be vivid open-eyed visualization that are decent instead of actual visual hallucinations.

Yooo in that case we can do imposition 😎 jokes aside we do open eyed visualization more than closed eye and idk why but it's easier ig. Our eyes won't be fully open but still definitely open. Random side note, when kissing irl, I have a tendency to have my eyes open. Kissing with eyes closed is weird to me except with Layy. Maybe it's a matter of trust and love and all that jazz. Idk. 

While we don't have proper auditory imposition, Gray wonders if it was almost "too easy" for him to develop to this point because our brain possibly gets our mindvoice and actual auditory signals mixed up to begin with.

Mood. 

I wish we could do imposition, but our motivation issues make it really hard to practice (idk if it's motivation issues or really bad depression but it's debilitating all the same) 

I may be getting into "just put this in your PR" territory, but for us, I wonder if imposition would be easier nowadays than it once may have been simply because our mental state has legitimately deteriorated to a point where we have signs of minor psychosis. Things like seeing things that aren't there, hearing things that aren't there, remembering things that didn't happen, not remembering things that did happen, and weirdly, not hearing things that for all intents and purposes we should be able to hear, and not seeing things that for all intents and purposes we should be able to see. I'm in the process of getting an actual diagnosis, and the terrifying thing is, the stuff my doctors have said, the way they've worded things and such, is very telling that they suspect it's some form of DID, which is a terrifying thought. I personally think it's psychosis, though there's more than one example that is more suggestive of DID than psychosis, but then, there's generally more scenarios that point towards psychosis, so 🤷‍♂️

With this is mind, I think imposition might be a lot easier. After all, we're already half way there when it comes to the brain sensing things that aren't there!! And, on a bit of a hopeful note, should we master imposition, I have hope(this thought only just now occurred to me btw) that we may be able to sort of reverse engineer it, in an attempt to lessen the symptoms of whatever mental condition we've got going, if that makes sense. 

I gotta say, though, it's super annoying how I think some people view me saying stuff like "I unironically think I might have psychosis or something similar" as me just begging for attention. Worse is when people ask, "what do you forget?" I have no fucking clue because guess what, I FORGOT. People don't realize I don't remember certain things, and do they don't think anything of it. For example, last night, I was talking with my sister and my mom, who were watching TV. They said they have to wait for me to go to bed before they can because I almost every night get up to get water or something. While I do do this sometimes(about once every two weeks), they said it happens far more often, basically every night. I have no recollection of this. Unless I'm being gaslit, then before last night, I didn't realize I got up after having gone to bed so frequently. And they didn't realize I didn't remember it. They didn't even believe me. It severely makes me wonder what are some more things I do often that I don't remember. I mean, I know the other day, do you guys remember how I said I was banned from a certain discord server? Yeah well apparently according to one of the mods, I had a tendency to about once a week just be incredibly horny in general. As much as I would love to call bullshit, other mods attested to it as well. I don't remember it. Hell, there'll have been times where I wouldn't even talk in that server for a couple weeks. And that is much more damaging than me just getting up to get water frequently. 

So yeah uhhhh I need help <3 this isn't a joke this is a cry for help because I am slowly losing my sanity and my grip on reality 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

I don't at all understand "Here's all these terrible symptoms I have, that I'm just vibing with. But I'm TERRIFIED that it could be {this disorder}"

You know that the symptoms ARE the disorder, right? They don't get better or worse just from putting a name to them or not

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Forgetting things to that degree is definitely worrying. Did you see any of the messages that you don't remember writing? You probably know more about it than I do, but based on what I've read psychosis seems to mean being more out of touch with things that are happening, and not so much complete forgetfulness. 

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

38 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I don't at all understand "Here's all these terrible symptoms I have, that I'm just vibing with. But I'm TERRIFIED that it could be {this disorder}"

You know that the symptoms ARE the disorder, right? They don't get better or worse just from putting a name to them or not

that's true but in the case of DID, many of the symptoms are under the hood(or at least could be) and thus there could be more if DID is the case that I don't even know of. 

6 minutes ago, Slipper said:

Forgetting things to that degree is definitely worrying. Did you see any of the messages that you don't remember writing? You probably know more about it than I do, but based on what I've read psychosis seems to mean being more out of touch with things that are happening, and not so much complete forgetfulness. 

I actually just talked with a good friend of mine who is diagnosed with psychosis. He asked me questions about my experiences which lined up nigh perfectly with what he experiences, so that's fun. Memory issues can be a part of psychosis. It's important to acknowledge that the memory issues are a big part of it but by no means are the only thing. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

As I've said before I can "switch into wonderland" just as they describe in early posts on this forum. However I can't seem to get past the resistance anyone has to explain it properly. So I gave up trying to do that.