[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

i don't think that there is any meaningful distinction between "direct information" and "interpretation" in a show like serial experiments lain, unless you mean direct information as in "this pixel lit up in this hex color at this time"

more experimental shows... if movies count, the one that comes to mind is the 1975 film "Mirror", which has no plot, is told nonlinearly, and many considered to be incomprehensible at the time of release (though these days it gets the appreciation it deserves)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unrelated related, apparently the Serial Experiments Lain game which was co-made by the original creator plus someone else, is a different take that's more about depression and mental health compared to the original Lain which is more up for interpretation, although some choose to see it that way as well. I haven't played it (there's a site that's easy to find that supposedly recreated it in-browser or something?) though I would like to. But it's worth noting they're not really the same canon and the game's setting shouldn't be seen as the intent for the show.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

weird I'd say I'm an anime fan but I watch less anime than you probably. I go years without seeing an anime at times. recently has been a lot for me

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Dang, are you sure someone can go years without watching an anime and still be called an anime fan?

Well, I guess because you engage with Dragon Ball content a lot still it kind of counts. Maybe just a Dragon Ball fan rather than an anime fan though

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I guess what does fan even mean? I do like anime a lot, especially the style of drawing, but it feels like a big commitment to watch one so it is rare that I do. I may start watching it more though. Certainly a dragonball fan though lol

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

9 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Unrelated related, apparently the Serial Experiments Lain game which was co-made by the original creator plus someone else, is a different take that's more about depression and mental health compared to the original Lain which is more up for interpretation, although some choose to see it that way as well. I haven't played it (there's a site that's easy to find that supposedly recreated it in-browser or something?) though I would like to. But it's worth noting they're not really the same canon and the game's setting shouldn't be seen as the intent for the show.

yeah, the anime, the game, and the manga are all different stories. that's the "serial experiments" part of serial experiments lain. it's pretty unmistakable that the game exists in a different cannon than the show; most of the characters are different, and the plot is also very different. i only played the beginning because i got a bit overwhelmed, though i plan on revisiting it eventually, but from my understanding, the game is much more grounded, without any elaborate plots by the knights of eastern calculus, and with a lot of the game being about conversations between lain and her therapist (also, it's less of a game and more of an experimental form of visual novel)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I had one job

I put in both my alarms a reminder to ask the psychiatrist for my hospital therapist's number since I lost it and I forgot to ask anyway

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

good morning

doctor considering putting me back on prozac since it seemed to maybe work before but it gave me stomach problems. But there is a shot for it so they will put me on that if i tolerate the pills again first

first i was on too many pills, now i'm about to be on too many shots lol. ugh. though i happened to feel pretty okay when i was taking prozac if i remember correctly. i didn't attribute my stable mood to the medicine at the time though, but in retrospect maybe it was the reason I wasn't a total wreck. i quit it cold turkey though and didn't become as depressed as somewhat tapering off effexor did to me

Every food I see in NGE makes me want to eat it, idk why. I just saw a bowl of rice now I actually want rice. I have it but idk how to cook it. time to youtube i guess

luckily seeing beer hasn't made me want beer though

I didn't wash my rice. hope I don't die.

It's weird because I've heard that you don't need to wash it and sometimes that makes it lose nutrients but also that you should wash it because pesticides and certain microbes

my rice is hard. does that mean it is over cooked? It said rice cookers know when they're done on their own so idk why that would happen. it switched to warm status. okay some of it is hard some is ok. time to eat the blandedest food ever yay i do have a craving for it though

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

lmao what's up with today?? everything is good news

Edited by Miichu