• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See you Simmie.

Yes I am a Dragonball fan. Fun fact

I have been since I was 6 years old. My dad told me I watched Dragonball since I was like 3 or 4 or something but I have no memory of it. In first grade I was introduced to it by another student. They had action figures and they brought them in to show me what the characters looked like. We started to play pretend that we were dbz characters. The one friend was Goku, and the other friend was Vegeta. I was Trunks. Well actually lol we were playing pretend before they showed me dragonball and I was Spiderman.  So Goku, Vegeta, and Spiderman on adventures together lol.. But then they were like you really gotta be a dbz character and that's how I switched to being Trunks. I thought he was a girl at first because of his long hair because to a 6 year old long hair = girl.

Eventually friend invited me to their house and they showed me dragonball z games. They showed me budokai 1 if I remember correctly. I liked it a lot and wanted one for myself so my parent took me to the store to buy Ultimate Battle 22, which is one of the worst dragonball z games in existence lol, but it does have good music and sprites. The fighting is jank though and it was impossible for me to do super moves. Also the super moves looked weird and underwhelming

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Good job applying for jobs, TB

Try not to worry too much about possible rejection or anything. These are the types of experiences that you do actually learn from even when you fail (I know not all failing is like that, but definitely trying new jobs is)

I had the "Return of Cooler" or whatever movie on vhs when I was a very little kid, I knew what DBZ was but didn't have any real way to watch it except that movie

I heard recently that that movie is full of a bunch of licensed music like Linkin Park lol, and I don't remember any of that, I only remember Goku and Vegeta seeing like an army of Cooler robots showing up. But I definitely watched it quite a bit (but not nearly as much as Toy Story or Lion King)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yeah the English versions of many of the Dragonball movies have music like that. Idk why lol. Return of cooler is pretty cool. I love the seen where Goku and cooler are fighting while sliding at super speed and you just see the mountains in the background moving so fast. 

Also Goku saying something about using instant transmission or something and then cooler is like, "instant transmission? That's my favorite" lol 

I think the English version of the movie try to imply in some scenes that Goku and cooler are fighting inside of the instant transmission window as if instant transmission transports you to some other dimension where time does not pass. In the Japanese version though I think they are just going really fast and the weird environment is just some effects. I need to watch is again though and see what they say in both.  

Actually I think the same thing happens in the broly movie where Goku uses instant transmission to go to the planet broly is on. See him flying through space at high speeds. It's not going the speed of light like one dub said lol, it is literally instant, so it has to be a dimension where time does not pass. I need to see it again bad to see if I just have faulty memories 

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I vaguely remember the annoying kid at my 8th grade lunch table was a really big Dragonball fan lol.

Yes, I signed in just to share that memory.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

While I'm not a DBZ fan in my own eyes, these days I'm wondering if I enjoy the show more than the average actual fan. Like, I simply sat down and watched Super and enjoyed it (or at least I think I watched some of it, I know Lucilyn watched most of it because she thinks the show is super hype), with none of those complaints people seem to have about it being dumb or cheap. Literally my only complaint in DBS was Trunks using the power of friendship to ~defeat something too strong for everyone else, no super saiyan or potential unleashed or anything, just a lot of super stereotypical "anime my friends believe in me". I have suspension of disbelief for DBZ's established universe, so I can stay immersed for SUPER SAIYAN FIVE RAAAAAAAGHHHHH because of course, that's what the show's always been. Ultra Instinct was perfectly fine (and really, had the most pomp and circumstance to it of any of the transformations by not just happening instantly lol, GT probably excluded haven't watched), but that one felt like it went against the belief level DBZ normally wants you to suspend to.

But other people complain about the Frieza encounter not being tense enough or Goku being too stupid, while I'm just like ":)"

The stupidest thing Goku ever did was give Frieza energy so he wouldn't die on Namek (I understand why, but I stand by my opinion) - I don't remember anything in Super making me mad at him like that. People defend him trying to save Frieza but then say he's too stupid when dealing with deities, but his lack of concern about planet-destroying-entities was clearly established by trying to save Frieza, lol. I don't know, I just don't get why DBZ fans hate on Super so much when I've enjoyed all Dragon Ball content I've seen innocently, and would probably like GT too (though I'm attached to the Super canon now, so)

(Most importantly on his friendliness/lack of concern with the deities - they aren't actively trying to hurt him or his friends, so he doesn't see them as enemies! Is it so hard to understand that pure-hearted Goku only expects good will from people who aren't actively threatening to hurt things he cares about?)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This is just in the manga right now but one thing is goku regressed a lot. He sees vegeta meditating and says "your not going to get any better like that" or something. Like bruh you used to meditate with your training with Kami/Popo and again in the other world on your own volition when you were dead. I would assume more off screen meditations as well.

Another is goku being said to be obsessed with just trying to power through everything with raw power as if he doesn't know there is more than that in a fight. He says to raditz that he is wrong for thinking strength is the only thing that decides a battle.

I'd have to watch super again to go through each moment that Goku annoyed me by acting not himself, but generally he seems a lot less mature than he does in the Buu saga and even in GT despite being made a kid again.

Speaking of things people hate though, it is common for people to hate GT and one of the things they hate is Goku becoming a kid again. I actually like it though. He can't use instant transmission anymore and he can only maintain ssj3 for like a few seconds while in that small body. But it is also just aesthetically pleasing and kind of is call back to the original dragonball if you think pan as being bulma and trunks as being yamcha.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko