• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My personal terminology is "personality lense." All one brain, different ways to process the world around it. The important thing is that all personalities/systemmates are 'split off' or generate from the brain itself. Tulpas may use the host's personality as a base because that's what the brain knows how to do, but tulpas are not split from the host. All personality lenses are the same thing, split from a non-person brain. The brain naturally (in most cases) forms one personality lense in early childhood. If you're plural, your brain has more than one.

So, tulpas aren't a separate state of /you/, the host, but a separate state of /the brain/ which also generates you. Neither of you are the brain, and neither of you are each other.

I saw a great analogy about DID with a sheet of paper. If you take a sheet of paper and tear it in half, which piece is the original? Which piece 'split off' from the other? Neither. They seperated from each other, but neither piece existed as "the original."

Also, I don't know how to add images either. And I wish I had a word for "personality lense" that stronger implied that the host is also one.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

My personal terminology is "personality lense." All one brain, different ways to process the world around it. The important thing is that all personalities/systemmates are 'split off' or generate from the brain itself. Tulpas may use the host's personality as a base because that's what the brain knows how to do, but tulpas are not split from the host. All personality lenses are the same thing, split from a non-person brain. The brain naturally (in most cases) forms one personality lense in early childhood. If you're plural, your brain has more than one.

So, tulpas aren't a separate state of /you/, the host, but a separate state of /the brain/ which also generates you. Neither of you are the brain, and neither of you are each other.

My model is essentially just an applied version of this so whereas yours just is a metaphor for how tulpamancy is experienced after a tulpa is made; mine is an explanation of how a tulpa is made as well.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Peeps how do you send images to this chat? ?

As Venomous said, you can use the "insert an image" and use something like gyazo, imgur, or some other image site and paste the link to embed it into the post.

Another option is to save the image to your computer and add it as an attachment. If you look bellow the text editor, there's a section labeled "Attachments" and below it will ask "New Attachment: _____________Browse..." From there, you have to hit the "Add Attachment" button in order for it to load the image and then submit your post.

The third option is right clicking on a random image from the internet and hitting ctrl + v.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread