• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just once earlier, but not any of the other times I've checked the forum today, no

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

The "just once earlier" matches our experience. It happened at 330 and 900 PDT.

Hmm.. I have a weird comment. When interacting with others (with words, otherwise is fine), I'm finding it hard to.. remain true to myself, I guess? Like discussing avatar censorship with Indigo on the Discord - I have no idea how I could've productively participated in that conversation without coming off as far more, uhm, disagreeable than I intend to be - which is not at all! And to a lesser extent I feel the same thing when talking just about anywhere on the forum. It's not just inability to put my feelings to words, it's that I can't interact "productively" as our brain understands it, without straying from how I'd really like to be.

We (Lumi) once thought it was a corruption caused by having to use words, but now I'm wondering.. If perhaps those "levels of consciousness" are at play, and the state our mind is in really just is incompatible with how I think? And yet, if I did things my way, it feels like they wouldn't be "productive" - we wouldn't be solving the problems that it seems to be helpful we give our input on. So could it be a bad thing not to be like this, then? Lucilyn's frequently experienced a similar clash in having to argue/debate or give deep explanations (that normally Lumi or Tewi have come up with in the past) when she'd rather not at all. But she does anyways, because she deems the help better than the alternative of being "live and let live" perhaps.

In that article, Steve talks about how entire communities (or organizations or so on) can function on those levels. So then, maybe the answer is that this place works on say the level of "Reason". Would it be better for me to not quite be myself to try and match that, or to be seemingly less helpful? Would it be less helpful? I think our innate desire to function on that level by default is a part of why we're not higher on the scale yet, so..

I don't know, and surely you guys don't know what I'm talking about any better than we do (you'd tell me to just be myself! Right?), but the others did intend to try and raise that "level" we work on and so they may find my (incomplete?) thoughts on the subject useful. So, I'll leave this here for them. I'm going to sleep (and will switch when I wake up), see you guys later!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I'm going to answer anyway Reisen.

You have access to the 'right answer'. Just because it may conflict with your personality doesn't mean you're being damaged in any way or holding them back. I won't say 'be yourself' if that's counterproductive or wrong, people do this all the time, a comedian can be serious, a politician can tell the truth (so to speak). That's just the elasticity that gives you depth as opposed from a 1 dimensional character.

Streching and being more helpful is an obligation in any society, this is what they mean when they say you're 'wearing a lot of hats' when someone has to take responsibility for others outside their comfort zone.

You're fine, that's normal stuff.

uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)