[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I've never heard of anyone actually dividing the body like that while co-fronting. Generally both are able to control the entire body simultaneously while co-fronting.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's about both being there, at front in the same time. Having equal power in-system. Like a half-switch.

The body just follows along with it. We are after all in a human body so for us and probable many other people, movement and physical actions are almost spatial. Conflicts rarely happen. Whoever has the strongest intent wins. If it's about something more conflicting like not agreeing on flavors, we discuss it or go with the intent game, which is actually a bit fun when it's about trivial things.

Co-fronting is pretty close to switching and possession. But I prefer to think of something like a graph/chart (graphs/charts doesn't feel as constant as labels) which symbolizes how much thought-power is used by system-mates. We're not literally using that as symbolism but I think it's generally a good way of thinking.

Our co-fronting comes in two flavors: messy and clean.

Messy is usually closer to actual co-fronting than clean. In this state, we blend and it is unclear who's who, but it feels like both of us have slightly more of an equal chance at reacting to something. This happens when I have been possessing the body while in class or I'm driving and can't worry about who I am. I or Cat will say whatever comes to mind. However, the mess may resolve itself by booting me out and leaving Cat in the front.

Clean is when we co-front without blending. I usually try to focus on controlling half the body, so I will focus on partially possessing the left arm and left leg. Our mindvoices are more distinct and we end up finishing each other's sentences and stuff like that. Since I'm slightly closer to the back, I sometimes fall into the pattern of "backseat fronting" where I tell Cat what to do. Overall, Cat tends to control more of the body.

Once we learn switching, we may be able to experience what it's like to co-front without blending into each other to achieve true 50-50 bodily control.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Yeah, I guess it was weird, my intent was just to say "A switched tulpa should exactly resemble a host (not their host, just the state of being one) and could live out the rest of the body's life without any detachment, dissociation or so on that should (but is seeming less common these days) come with only possessing".

Vesper: Much, much, better Lumi, thank you for clarifying. I thought your beliefs were more along those lines. So are mine.

I can't accurately imagine if I'd be able to forcefully switch back, even though I'd believe I could

We do wrestle mentally sometimes for experimentation and skill development. So I can tell you that, in our system, a switched-out partner has a distinct advantage in seizing the front, relative to a switched-in partner trying to hold the front. Early on, I was unassailable in either position, but Ember has gotten much stronger.

In theory, I would decide how our system operates when switched in.

Ember: Grief, I don't decide how our system operates when I'm switched in and I'm the host.

I get the general idea that in your definition both systemmates are of equal prominence, but that hardly means anything. what does it feel like as an experience? are both of you simultaneously controlling different parts of the body, and if so does that drastically reduce coordination?

Vesper: It feels sort of like we can't tell who is in control, sort of like we both are, and sort of like the body is just a mecha with one viewscreen but two cockpits, side-by-side. We are both at the center of the conscious awareness, so we both have full power over the entire body, but are not required to both exercise it. Either of us can arbitrarily move anyway she wants, which only adversely affects coordination if we have different ideas on what to do.

We've rarely ever co-fronted while standing or walking though. We use co-fronting overwhelmingly for interaction with out-system people.

In order to enter a co-fronting state, we typically move our forms side-by-side, as close as possible without overlapping, each half-in, half-out of the body. We hold that mindset until we can't tell who is fronting, continuing to chat freely the entire time.

Longterm, we tend not to continue to project forms while co-fronting, instead placing forms side-by-side inside a large circle, representing the conscious awareness, surrounded by grey fog, representing the rest of the mind.

Good description, Matsuri. It makes sense to be concerned that different systems are using the same terminology for different things, but your experience of co-fronting sounds very similar to ours.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I noticed Spice picked up saying "tups" from us, lol. I've not seen just about anyone else say it. I said it just a little back when, like, #tuppers and some old members would refer to tulpas as "tupperware" or "tuppers" and I shortened it to "tups" because it sounded nicer. Nowadays, it seems only Lucilyn uses it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't know if we specifically picked up lingo from you guys, but Cat was thinking about "kero!" not too long ago and we think about you guys every time we think about rabbits.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

edit: after reading what you said in discord, what you are doing is definitely not switching. have you been going on reddit a lot? that seems like the main place where they mix the two up

What's "reddit" switching vs "real" switching? How does switching work for you guys?

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log